We are currently hiring a Diesel Mechanic
in Rohester, New York!
$3,000 Sign-on Bonus!!
Starting at $24 with a $2 shift
Top Pay with Benefits & Vacation Pay
State of the art equipment and ongoing
Advancement Opportunities and Competitive
Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k
For more information call/text Rob
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with
integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management
solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and
maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few
companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000
employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you’ve been
looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome
Under close supervision, this position performs minor routine
maintenance and repair services on different types of vehicles.
Works with the assistance of a T2, T3, T4, TIC SS or SM, when
performing technical and diagnostic type repairs. Task assignments
are directed by shop management to encourage development in a
- High Diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively, work shift
work/weekend as required, perform all entry level tasks, and
demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply knowledge of
- Some experience in transportation maintenance preferred
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles.
In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug
and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3
Important Note: Additional requirements may be
required in different locations and/or accounts.
- Performs basic vehicle maintenance
- Performs component identification and minor repairs
- Performs preventive maintenance with training and support
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Perform all entry level tasks
- Diagnoses minor mechanical and electronic problems, utilizing
diagnostic computer when applicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status
as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-NY-ROCHESTER
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (5/20/2021
Requisition ID 2021-99177
Employment Type Regular-Full
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 7005