Float Customer Service Representative - Central Territory
Company: Five Star Bank
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Title: Float Customer Service Representative Central
Reports To (Title): Territory Director
Department: Community Banking
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Purpose: The Floating Customer Service Representative will float
between Territory branches, as needed, managing the customer
experience from the beginning to end, efficiently handling service
transactions, identifying financial needs, recommending products
and services, and making referrals to the appropriate channel or
source. The Floating Customer Service Representative will have a
thorough understanding of Bank products and services as well as
Bank policies and regulations. This position will engage in sales
and service activities, providing exceptional customer service for
current and prospective bank customers.
Scope and Direction:
Area of Responsibility: Community Baking
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive):
Minimal or Moderate
- From (Title): Territory Director
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive):
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute
the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the
position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Accountability and ownership for meeting or exceeding
established sales goals as assigned as well as individual and
departmental call center metrics.
- Educates customers on alternate delivery methods and
- Evaluates the needs of customers and recommends appropriate
financial products and services.
- Identifies and acts upon opportunities to refer customers to
specialists in other lines of business.
- Generates, identifies, and expands customer
- Accepts and processes loan applications.
- Applies knowledge of bank policies and procedures to
appropriately and efficiently resolve customer account
- Responsible for ensuring cash and negotiable instrument control
measures including cash management, shipping and cash ordering,
vault currency, vault balancing, vault related controls and submits
reports as assigned in a timely manner.
- Responsible for accurately processing transactions for
customers (e.g. deposits, loan payments, cashing checks) in a
courteous and professional manner. Provides prompt, efficient, and
- Demonstrate the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank
experience in every interaction with internal and external
customers, associates, and stakeholders. Incorporate the
high-performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example, and
service in every facet of work.
- This job description is not exhaustive. The Float Customer
Service Representative may be required to perform other duties as
Job-Related Qualifications - Education and Prior Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ Years Experience - Type: Retail Banking
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree
- 1+ Year Experience - Type: Internal Teller or Banking Platform,
or combination of both
- 1+ Years Experience - Type: Retail Banking
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: Registration with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System
Registry (NMLS) to obtain a unique identifier that is provided to
consumers in accordance with all SAFE Act requirements. Renews
registration with NMLS annually. Maintains and updates personal
registry information as necessary to include name changes,
employment changes, etc.
Competencies: Competencies are the measurable or observable
knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors critical to performing
the essential functions of the position.
- Strong sales orientation and customer focused
- Proven problem-solving skills and sound judgement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to learn and
utilize new and existing banking software applications
- Adaptable to varying back and customer needs
- Ability to work rotational weekend schedule
- Able to regularly stand for prolonged periods of time
- Extensive Computer usage is required
- Able to Travel extensively between Branch locations
- Moderate to extensive phone usage is required
- Ability to perform repetitive motion throughout shift
Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire,
train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all
other personnel actions are administered without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five
Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing
reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with
disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable
accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us
at (585) 786-4344, (585) 498 - 7565 or (585) 786-1417.
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may
be required to provide information about their criminal conviction
history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer
report that will contain, among other things, information about
criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law,
past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an
applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider
such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised,
however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing
"any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense
involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or
has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in
connection with a prosecution for such offense" unless the FDIC has
provided prior written consent.
Keywords: Five Star Bank, Rochester , Float Customer Service Representative - Central Territory, Sales , Batavia, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!