Insurance Sales Producer (Rochester, NY)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support
Tompkins Insurance Agencies by obtaining, developing, expanding and
- Positions are available in Personal Lines, Commercial Lines,
and Employee Benefits, based on experience and interest.
- Exceed the expectations of our customers by performing a
variety of duties to meet their insurance service needs.
- Sell new and renewal accounts in keeping with agency and
- Renews existing book of business to meet or exceed Agency
retention's goals and create cross sell opportunities to current
- Actively identify referral opportunities for our
- Provide field services in support of sales duties.
- Facilitate and manage as appropriate individual claims.
- Develop prospects through an organized direct solicitation
program, referrals from present accounts, affiliates, and other
- Develop all information and recommendations for prospective
accounts, present proposal and adhere to agency policies and
procedures for writing new accounts.
- Conduct quoting process in association with Agency defined
policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Identify account rounding/up-selling opportunities and process
- Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when
interacting with clients, agency, and company personnel to minimize
potentials for E & O claims.
- Perform special projects at management's request.
- Provide guidance to clients and assist in the facilitation of
the claims process.
- Joins local community organizations and attends community
events after work as a means of marketing the Agency in the
- Actively participates in the community in a manner that
reflects favorably on the Agency.
- Develops a presence in the community networking with local
leaders and the business communities.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and
procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment that
is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory
behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to
all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of
compliance and procedures including all regulatory
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred; specialized
insurance training or experience preferred.
- Two years of experience in a similar position is highly
desirable and must be licensed in the state of NY/PA
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
and to communicate effectively through both written and oral
- Customer service and sales support experience is
- Self-starter with positive attitude and excellent interpersonal
skills in dealing with clients and all levels of employees.
- Current working knowledge of either commercial or personal
lines account policies and procedures.
- Valid and acceptable driver's license.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- AMS experience is desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Tompkins
Financial Corporation is committed to the hiring, advancement and
fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran
status, marital status, family status, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any
other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and
Keywords: Tompkins, Rochester , Insurance Sales Producer (Rochester, NY), Sales , Pittsford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!