Company: CHA Companies
Posted on: October 12, 2019
CHA Consulting, Inc. is a highly diversified, full-service
engineering and construction management firm working to responsibly
improve the world we live in. With decades of experience, CHA
brings together the talent, technology, and partnerships to meet
our clients evolving needs. Located throughout the United States
and Canada, we provide a wide range of planning and design services
to public, private and institutional clients.
CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking a Construction Inspector
to join our organization in the Rochester, NY office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Familiar with company, client, government, and industry
* Follows verbal and written directives.
* Observes and monitors construction for conformance with contract
documents and shop drawings/material submittals.
* Records field observations and determines acceptability of
construction work performed.
* Makes field measurements, computations, and records of acceptable
* Able to review and recommend acceptance or rejection of
contractor s proposed corrective measures for nonconforming
* Monitors contractor s quality control and verifies construction
confirms to the contractor s quality control plan. Calculates the
quantity of acceptable completed work for payment.
* Prepares reports outlining the work performed and the quality of
work completed and acceptable for payment.
* Reviews and verifies contractor s payment applications,
proposals, and change order requests.
* Coordinates construction activities with owner, serves as main
contact with client on construction related issues, and interacts
with local government authorities.
* Prepares and maintains project records in accordance with the
company s, client s, and government standards.
* Coordinates or conducts quality assurance testing, inspections
* Chairs project related meetings and oversees the preparation and
distribution of meeting agendas, summaries, and any necessary
project administration documentation.
* Conducts constructability reviews and verifies quantity
calculations. Conducts minor quality control reviews during project
* Completes project close-out with little oversight.
* Mentors and oversees entry level staff activities.
* Other related duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
* High School Diploma required; Associate s degree in Engineering
Science, Construction Services or related technical field
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* A minimum of 3 years of related construction observation
* Demonstrates a good knowledge about the construction
* Ability to comprehend construction and contract documents.
* Understands and follows company standards, demonstrates knowledge
of construction techniques, and able to complete most duties
required on complex projects.
* Ability to understand and interpret client s contracts.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and
* Strong mathematics skills.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Strong ability to work independently and in a team
* Good knowledge of the Company s standards and core values.
* Demonstrates a willingness to aid and teach entry level
* Extensive travel may be required.
CHA takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly
talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer
a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of opportunities for
our employees professional growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: CHA Companies, Rochester , Construction Inspector, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!