Lead, Electrical Engineer (Sensors)
Company: Harris Corporation
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Description: Lead, Electrical Engineer (Sensors) Job Code:
SIS-30218 Job Location: Rochester, NY Job Description: Harris
Corporation is seeking a Lead, Electrical Engineer for the
Rochester, NY location. The Electrical Engineer will help in the
design and analysis of components, equipment, and hardware for
- Perform design and analysis tasks on electronics and
electromechanical hardware including circuit boards,
electro-mechanical devices, and electronics packaging of components
and multi cabinet systems.
- Program support includes mission/requirements definition,
concept generation, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization
studies, preliminary and final design, component selection,
integration and test support, materials selection, design
documentation and collaboration with manufacturing operations for
fabrication in a program team environment.
- Work within a multi-functional team environment under the
direction of a team lead.
- Utilize Cadence Incisive Enterprise Simulator, Subversion,
Python or Perl.
- Solid understanding of signal processing concepts and ability
to architect signal processing software.
- High-speed, heavily pipelined data path design.
- Familiarity with fixed-point digital math functions, linear
algebra, basic geometry, floating point data structures.
- TI Code Composer development tool - project setup using
SYS/BIOS Linux environment, RTA, threads/tasks.
- Integrate with firmware/HW and supporting the complete testing
and qualification of the deliverable system.
- Work with the System Engineer and flow system specifications
down to the FW/SW requirements.
- Work independently or lead a small team of designers.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant
experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior
related experience. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Sensor Chip Design
- Mostly involved at the specification/performance level (and
characterization) not ASIC implementation/fabrication level
- Examples: i7/i8, Gen4 Scanner, clock driver ASIC, specifying
requirements for 3rd party sensors
- Focal Plane Design/Assembly
- i7/i8 mosaic scanning focal planes (significant portion of this
is mechanical/manufacturing engineering discipline)
- AlN routing cards, flex cables, cables (again i7/i8 scanning
heritage), motherboard CCA design
- Experience with focal plane modelling (Understanding of Dark
Current, Readnoise, and SNR)
- I&T (alignment, characterization, etc.)
- IR focal plane manufacturing techniques
- Understanding of risk of MBE on Si vs LPE on CdZnTe for
performance in a focal plane technology
- Subsystem interfacing and higher level AI&T Security: This
position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a TS/SCI with
SSBI clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S.
citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of
employment may be subject to government security investigation(s)
and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
information. By submitting your r--sum-- for this position, you
understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your
r--sum--, as well as any other related personal information or
documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated
companies for the purpose of considering you for other available
positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship
status, or membership in any other group protected by federal,
state or local law. Candidates will support Environment, Health and
Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris
EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Thursday, February 21, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 1, 2019
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Rochester , Lead, Electrical Engineer (Sensors), Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!