Lead, Electrical Engineering
Company: Capital Markets Placement
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Description: Job Title -Lead, Electrical Engineering Job Location - Rochester, NY Job Code - CS-29924 Employer is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com Job Description: The Accessories Engineer is the technical liaison between engineering, strategic sourcing, supply chain, product management, supplier quality assurance engineering and our suppliers. The accessory engineer is responsible for the design, development and integration of internally developed and/or OEM audio, power, battery, charger, antenna, networking, or remote control products used with Harris radio systems. As part of these OEM integration efforts, the engineer has to review supplier technology, prepare technical documents, gather requirements, develop use cases, create and execute verification and validation plans in conjunction with radio hardware and software engineers in the design, development and troubleshooting of radio systems.
- Leads or participates in a project team of other engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to ensure delivery of reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for moderately-complex antennas.
- Maintain product structures, documentation, and design validation data throughout the lifecycle of the product: from design to implementation to obsolescence.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal teams, manufacturing, and suppliers worldwide regarding manufacturing status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the antenna product engineering team for all phases of complex supply chain projects.
- Participate in product and process HBX efforts. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Systems, Computer, Electrical, Software, or Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- 8+ years' experience in systems, digital, software, electrical, mechanical, or similar engineering field
- Strong knowledge of 2 or more of these areas: batteries/charging, power supply design, power distribution, audio, system integration, networking, or antennas, cables, connectors
- Ability to accommodate occasional travel to customers, vendors, etc.
- 1+ years in Business Development or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant Project Management, Project Engineering, or Project Lead experience
- 5+ years of working knowledge of MS Office business applications Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Understanding of project management processes and procedures
- Existing secret clearance or the ability to obtain a secret security clearance
- Management skills to direct and orchestrate product launch or introduction processes
- Experience working on development programs
- Strong communication skills; experience writing and presenting technical information to customers and leadership
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills; has the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Able to work with little direction and handle multiple tasks Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Employer may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Monday, February 4, 2019
Expiration Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 Apply Here Department: Engineering - provided by Dice Development, Electronic Systems, Genetic, Hardware, HTML, HTTP, Lifecycle, Management, Mechanical, MS Office, Networking, Product Engineering, Project, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Security, Supply Chain, Validation
Keywords: Capital Markets Placement, Rochester , Lead, Electrical Engineering, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!