Electrical Engineering - RF / Analog Design
Company: Harris Corporation
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Description: Job Title - Senior Specialist, Electrical Engineering Job Location - Rochester, NY Job ID - CS-27373 Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com Job Description:
- Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components or circuitry for RF/Analog hardware systems under the guidance of Lead engineers. Assists in determining design approaches and parameters.
- Assists in analyzing electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Assists in selection of components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Performs engineering RF/Analog design tasks, detailed experimental testing, operational test and fault isolation on radio systems and equipment. Evaluates results to assist in development or problem resolution.
- Performs electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting to determine cause of problems in radio equipment.
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to evaluate radio equipment performance.
- Documents designs and test results. Provides detailed test reports.
- Updates and maintains Engineering documentation.
- Provides support for tactical radios (handheld, manpack, airborne), power amplifiers and accessories in a manufacturing environment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues with radio products issues experienced by customers. Qualifications:
- 4+ years' experience with MS (Masters) or 6+ years' experience with BS in (Electrical Engineering, or a related field) with RF/Analog design focus Preferred Additional Skills:
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Well organized, Detail oriented,
- Adaptable, able to work in team environment of varying disciplines
- Knowledge of radios or communication systems
- Familiar with use of test equipment (Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
- LabVIEW/Test programming a plus
- Experience in circuit simulation (eg. Keysight ADS, Ansys HFSS, Keysight EMPro, Keysight Genesys)
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement. Location: USA - NY - Rochester Activation Date: Monday, September 17, 2018 Expiration Date: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 Apply Here - provided by Dice Analysis, Circuit, Development, Diagnostic, Electronic Systems, Genetic, Hardware, HTML, HTTP, Mechanical, Programming, RF, Security, Simulation, Testing
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Rochester , Electrical Engineering - RF / Analog Design, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!