Apartment Maintenance Superintendent
Company: Grand Atlas Property Management Company
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Job DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION Summary: Under direct supervision from the Property Manager, the Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for administrative, supervisory, and manual tasks to assure proper operation and maintenance of grounds, facility, electrical, mechanical, and a wide variety of equipment in accordance with local, state, and national building codes; coordinate custodial/maintenance services and activities; answer emergency calls as required and be available to help repair breakdowns in the facilities. The Maintenance Superintendent will be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) Standards and company safety policies and procedures at all times.Essential Functions:
- May be required to partake in different aspects of an apartment unit turn.
- Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Oversee, delegate, perform and inspect all routine and preventative maintenance to maintain the physical integrity of the community at all times.
- Supervise maintenance personnel, and handle budget planning as it relates to the overall maintenance of the property.
- Institute and manage systems for resident service requests, grounds maintenance, and cleaning.
- Handle budgeting, inventory, supply and safety management.
- Oversee purchasing and vendor relations.
- Effectively handle resident service requests and work orders, correcting the situation within 24 hours when possible.
- Leave communication with resident after completing/pending service requests and ensure all apartments are in clean condition when work is completed.
- Ensure grounds/amenities are “store front presentable” prior to the leasing/club office opening each day.
- Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Ensure compliance with company best practice, policies and guidelines.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies and incident reporting.
- Ability to clean apartments after make-ready requests have been completed.
- Responsible for staying up to date on required training for yourself and for all maintenance staff.
- Other projects as assigned.Competencies• Customer Service and attention to detail.• Good written and verbal communication skills.• Ability to read and understand a Safety Data Sheet “SDS”.• Must be available to handle on-call emergency services after hours, on an as needed basis• Must possess strong problem solving, organization, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and develop a rapport with residents and staff.• Reliable transportation to work and for on call hours.• Valid Driver’s license.• Must pass maintenance test with a 70% or better. Can take test every six months.Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position will oversee the maintenance staff and assist the Property Manager in the hiring and training of all maintenance staff.Certifications:· HVAC Preferred· EPA Preferred· CPO Preferred· OSHA Preferred Company DescriptionGrand Atlas Property Management is always looking for true team-players who want to work for a company that allows for growth and development. We seek individuals who want to learn and advance in the Property Management industry. Every employee plays a vital role at Grand Atlas, so with your desire to succeed and our training and resources, opportunities at Grand Atlas are more than just jobs. We offer exceptional career paths, and joining our team can lead to an exciting and fast-paced career. We provide an atmosphere that fosters a healthy work life balance, and our comprehensive benefits package provides health care, retirement planning, paid time off, and much more to help with your needs today and build for your future tomorrow.Grand Atlas provides its team members with an exceptional company culture. We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunity in employment. We offer a safe, healthy work environment for employees through a commitment to maintaining a drug-free workplace. At Grand Atlas, success is about more than having a healthy bottom line. We are committed to making Grand Atlas an amazing and unique place to work for each member of our team.
Keywords: Grand Atlas Property Management Company, Rochester , Apartment Maintenance Superintendent, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!