Company: Caldwell Manufacturing CO
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Caldwell Mfg Co Rochester Plant - Rochester, NY
$125,000.00 - $140,000.00 Salary
Responsible for Plant performance across production,
shipping/receiving, and plant engineering. Develops and executes
plans to achieve success in key performance indicators (KPIs)
across safety, quality, delivery, and cost. Accountable to the
Chief Operating Officer to develop strategies and policies that
ensure corporate objectives are achieved. Directs and coordinates a
multi-shift operation through supervisory personnel, utilizing
knowledge of production methods and procedures, machine and
equipment capabilities, and labor resources. Oversees safety,
quality, training, and continuous improvement programs. Develops a
highly trained and efficient organization to achieve world class
customer service and factory performance.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure the Plant
meets customer requirements.
- Collaborates with product development to ensure timely
achievement of new product development (NDP) objectives.
- Collaborates with finance to ensure budget adherence and
- Collaborates with Global Supply Chain teams to ensure
production planning targets are set, raw material plans are
executed, and inventory targets are achieved.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and training for plant
leadership, including those in production, material control, and
- Provides leadership for promoting and sustaining continuous
improvement initiatives in all areas of operations.
- Performs administrative supervision of personnel activities
ensuring all corporate policies are applied consistently and fairly
to all team members.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, including
worker safety, as well as meeting all OSHA, local, state, and
federal requirements. Ensures environmental compliance by
completing, and submitting, timely reports.
- Analyzes short and long-term production capabilities and aligns
labor inputs with desired inventory outputs.
- Generates and monitors efficiency and productivity measures.
Provides financial information including cost analysis and cost
justifications for expenditures.
- Drives continuous improvement activities to ensure year over
year cost reductions and efficiency gains.
- Interacts effectively with team members at all levels of the
organization and has the ability to create and maintain a cohesive
and unified work force. Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of machining processes within a high mix
- A proven track record of success within a Lean Manufacturing
environment. Experienced with Lean tools including 5S, Kaizen,
Kanban, and Continuous improvement
- Candidate must have ability to work independently, be a
self-starter and self-managed
- A flexible and adaptable leader in highly fluid environment
(comfortably handles rapid and repeated changes in priority and
focus); can manage processes effectively and uses interpersonal
savvy to relate to others
- Proven track record of strong operational leadership and
demonstrated business acumen
- Must have a natural bias for action, guided by proactive
thinking and planning
- Ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of
situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible
- Skill in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating a
wide variety of activities; developing implementing and
communicating policies and procedures for organization; analyzing
data, making sound recommendations and adopting effective causes of
action; working persuasively and tactfully with all levels of the
- Supervision of professional staff; communicating effectively
both in oral and written form
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Educational & Certification
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or related technical experience
- Minimum of 10 years Operations management experience
Keywords: Caldwell Manufacturing CO, Rochester , Plant Manager, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!