Diesel Mechanic - Rochester Institute of Technology
Company: First Transit
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Diesel Mechanic serving the Rochester Institute of Technology
$32.47 / HR with a $1,500 Sign-On Bonus! Are you looking for job
security and stability with competitive wages and benefits? First
Transit is looking for a Fleet Technician to join its team and you
could be the right person! With over 335 locations and in business
since 1955, First Transit is truly the First in passenger
transportation. Please see our website for a comprehensive review
of our company: https://www.firsttransit.com . Our technicians
enjoy a state-of-the-art paperless workflow program that requires
very little paperwork to be filled out. We utilize a cutting-edge
electronic work order program that makes filling out work orders
much easier and less time-consuming. First Transit is proud to
- The wage is set at $32.47 per union contract
- $1,500 Sign-On Bonus*!
- ASE certification bonus of up to .25 cents per hour for each
primary ASE you have or obtain, plus .20 cents for Master
Certification and .10 cents hourly for each after your primary
master certification is obtained.
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Tuesday - Saturday, 4:00 am - 12:30 pm, or Monday - Friday
12:00 - 8:30 pm
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan
- Boot allowance and Safety glass allowance
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- A great work environment! Diesel Mechanic Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment
repair, including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other repairs
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed, including parts
and supplies used.
- Complete preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections. Diesel Mechanic Qualifications:
- A valid CDL B driver's license is required within 6 months of
- 3+ years of diesel repair employment experience or a
combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- ASE certifications are preferred. Must participate in company
ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does
not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for
any reason. About First Transit First Transit Inc. is a leading
provider of public transportation contracting and management
services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Apply today and
get your career on the road with First Transit! *conditions apply;
offer expires 5/31/2023 First Transit has been purchased by
Transdev and will be the employer for this job posting. We are the
leading integrator and operator of multiple modes of
transportation. With a combined presence in 43 US states, plus DC
and Puerto Rico, we have lots of opportunities for growth! You can
find additional job opportunities and locations directly at
www.transdevNA.jobs . We aspire to have a culture where all people
are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce
therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Rochester , Diesel Mechanic - Rochester Institute of Technology, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...