Mechanical Assembly Technician
Company: Nesco Resource
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Position Basic Purpose:
Responsible for production assembly of components, fitting, and/or adjustment of interrelated parts. Involves reading and interpreting blueprints, positioning of part for assembly of several parts in a rigid or semi-rigid unit.
1. Assemble materials.
2. Read and interpret drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports
3. Clean parts thoroughly.
4. Review work activities with supervisor.
5. Assemble units and subassemblies, using lamination presses.
6. Tag components, subassemblies and units as required.
7. Correct defects as directed by Supervisor.
8. Check product to ensure conformance to specifications.
9. Fabricate or modify parts, using shop equipment.
10. Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to blueprint specifications, using instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and height gauges.
Requested Knowledge, Competencies and Abilities:
High School Diploma or GED
3-5 years mechanical assembly experience may be required
Basic reading skills. Must be able to follow directions
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
All positions vary in assignment based on the current needs of the business. Lots of potential for cross training. All individuals must be willing and able to be moved throughout the shop to contribute to the success of achieving each day's goals. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Regularly lift 20-30 pounds
Regularly perform repetitive tasks
Regularly possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately
Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Position Basic Purpose:
Keywords: Nesco Resource, Rochester , Mechanical Assembly Technician, Professions , Rochester, New York
here to apply!