Company: Home Leasing
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description: The Maintenance Superintendent reports directly to
the Community Leader and oversees all necessary work required to
maintain all physical assets of the community and keep them in good
- Plan and implement a Preventative Maintenance Schedule.
- Make apartments ready for new residents in excellent condition,
but as quickly as reasonably possible to assist in minimizing lost
- Prepare reports based upon frequent inspections, outlining
property conditions, including cleanliness of buildings and
grounds, and a summary of maintenance operations.
- Maintain heaters, air conditioners, and other equipment in the
buildings, to assure continuous services, and that the equipment is
operating safely and efficiently; determine by inspection that all
control equipment is operating properly; check such items as
circuit breakers, switches, relays and starters, connections and
filters for mechanical and electrical faults, signs of wear, dirt,
or overloading, and other indications of trouble; and perform such
preventive maintenance as lubricating motor bearings and pumps, and
replacing brushes and filters.
- Perform all necessary maintenance and repairs on the
apartments, common areas and parking lots, including routine
service calls as well as turnover cleaning, painting, and snow
- Plan, schedule and participate in grounds programs including
mowing lawns, trimming edges, clipping shrubs, and weeding
- Review and approve all invoices.
- Regularly inspect and maintain the buildings, grounds and other
public areas to assure that they are maintained acceptably clean
and tidy. The Maintenance Superintendent should consult with the
Community Leader regarding any failures or deficiencies.
- Periodically inspect building and grounds to determine
necessary preventive maintenance needed and consult with the
Community Leader regarding such conditions. Maintain files
containing written records of maintenance services, equipment
readings, operating manuals, SDS Sheets, inventory, and a library
consisting of pertinent data relating to equipment and building
- Responsible for the cleaning and housekeeping of all building
- Oversee Maintenance Technician(s), if applicable.
- Process Work Orders. Arrange for subcontract work and ensure
all insurance compliances
- With the authority from the Community Leader, the Maintenance
Superintendent may provide direction and guidance to any contracted
force; assign work priorities, determine extent of repairs and the
necessary corrective measures. Perform the following duties:
- Perform maintenance on equipment, vehicles and buildings
- Provide on call coverage for emergency calls
- Prepare apartments during turnover
- Complete apartment service requests
- Plan and implement snow removal
- Inspect parking lots for oil spills, unauthorized vehicles and
- Report building damage and vandalism, unusual circumstances and
conditions, and other related incidents in writing to the Community
- Monitor site lighting and report problems
- Respond to lock outs, noise problems and disturbances
- Maintain records as required Requirements: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of a High School diploma required. Previous
property maintenance experience required, including plumbing,
electrical, HVAC, and carpentry. Previous supervisory experience
preferred. Ability to work well with others, good communication
skills, ability to multi-task.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Regularly use hands to manipulate tools,
controls, and equipment. Frequently stand, reach with hands and
arms, climb, balance, and stoop. Sit and stand to do maintenance
work. Regularly lift and move supplies and equipment up to 75
TYPICAL WORK CONDITIONS: Work is performed in apartments, common
areas and on the property. Employee frequently interacts directly
with residents and other staff members during the workday
This position may be required to follow other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested,
subject to all applicable state and federal laws. PI207992673
Keywords: Home Leasing, Rochester , Maintenance Superintendent, Professions , Macedon, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...