RN - Regional Registered Nurse Consultant - Assisted Living
Posted on: January 27, 2023
OverviewOur company, Elderwood, is currently seeking a
transformational leader to develop and expand nursing services for
our Assisted Living Facilities in the Central New York region. RN
Licensure required. -If you are an experienced Registered Nurse
(RN) who has a passion for working with seniors and a desire to
make a difference in their lives, we welcome your resume! - -The
RNC will provide clinical oversight, in conjunction with the RDCS,
to a portfolio of assisted living facilities in the states in which
the company operates. The individual will have and express a
genuine interest in caring for elderly patients and have experience
in clinical operations in long term and post-acute space. - Join
Our TeamAre you ready to change your life with a rewarding career
move ?Employee Perks!401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Free
On-Site Parking, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO &
holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision
insurance, Strong leadership, Substantial employee referral
program, Tuition reimbursement programResponsibilities
- Acts as a nurse mentor and advisor to facility leadership and
assist in Director of Nursing orientation, by being available for
consultation, keeping current with medical and nursing care
processes, keeping abreast of changes in health care delivery
systems and methods and providing information to community
leadership as indicated or requested.
- Travels as required to various facilities, conferences, and
meetings which may include overnight stays.
- Performs hours of work based on need and the amount of time
necessary to perform the job responsibilities including on-call and
- Provides onsite support with annual state and federal survey
- Knowledgeable of and assists with implementing state and
federal regulations and the companys policies and procedures.
- Assists with developing a plan of correction following a state
or federal survey in cooperation with facility leadership.
- Assists, as needed or requested, with development of adequate
staffing patterns and ratios in cooperation with facility
- Responsibly for being actively engaged in end user interaction,
workflow analysis, training, and on-site support to electronic
medical record (EMR) functionality.
- Timely notifies the appropriate company leadership of events
which pose potential compliance and/or litigation risk. Assists
facility leadership with managing, investigating, or providing
follow-up education related to such events.
- Conducts mock survey audits and performs onsite review of
resident care and services on a routine basis and as requested, to
ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and company
policies and procedures. Provides a verbal and/or written report of
findings and recommendations for follow-up to the Administrator,
Director of Nursing and appropriate company leadership.
- Maintains effective communication with facility leadership by
reporting all observations while onsite to the Administrator and
Director of Nursing. Conducts entrance and exit conferences with
Administrator and/or Director of Nursing or designees during each
- Communicates routinely and effectively with the CNO, RDCS and
RDO regarding facility clinical performance, site visit schedules,
survey activity, events or other clinically relevant
- Assists with nurse recruitment and retention efforts as needed
or requested. Participates in the interview and selection process
for community nursing leadership positions as needed or
- Observes and emphasizes safety awareness and accident
prevention to facility staff.
- Reviews quality measures and quality data, assists facility
leadership with development of performance improvement programs
(PIPs), action plans and review outcomes in relation to established
- Assists with developing and conducting ongoing training
programs for nursing and other staff in response to QAPI programs
to promote quality care and survey readiness at all times.
- Attends and participates facility QAPI Meetings and Risk
Meetings. Reviews quality measures and quality data, and QAPI
assist in development of organizational performance improvement
programs, action plans, PIPs, and review outcomes in relation to
established benchmarks. Notifies the CNO, RDCS, and RDO of any
concerns including failure to follow-up on recommendations.
- Participates in the creation, revision and updating of policies
and procedures in accordance with changes in standards of practice,
state, and federal regulations.
- Participates in appropriate, relevant healthcare associations
and professional organizations.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the companys business
partners including contracted consultants, vendors and other
healthcare providers and partners.
- Submits required reports to company leadership in an accurate
and timely manner.
- Pursues goals as established by the RDCS/CNO on an annual
basis. Works in partnership with the regional team to reach goals,
meet targets, and deadlines for the mutual benefit and improvement
of the quality of the facility and company.
- Participates in monthly operations meetings as scheduled.
- Acts as DON on a temporary basis when/if need arises.FromUp
- Degree in Nursing from accredited educational institution
- Current registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse
(RN) in state facilities assigned or ability and willingness to
- Demonstrated evidence and experience as Director of Nursing,
- Regional Nurse Consultant experience preferred
- Operational experience in Assisted Living
- Knowledge of state and federal AH, EH, ALP, ALR, SNALR, and
- Must have reliable transportation and ability to travel to
- Proficiency in various computer programs, applications,
electronic communications, electronic medical records -Elderwood
expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of
vaccination. -Employees may request a medical exemption from
Keywords: Elderwood, Rochester , RN - Regional Registered Nurse Consultant - Assisted Living, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!