International Shipping Specialist
Company: Nesco Resource
Posted on: September 25, 2022
We are currently seeking a Shipping and Receiving Specialist on
a temp to hire basis. This position will come with a full suite of
benefits once hired on permanently!Job Summary: Shipping
Specialist, under moderate supervision, provides administrative,
transactional & operational support to ensure the timely shipment
of all outgoing product and materials. Prepares required and
appropriate documentation, maintains records and coordinates
logistics for all international and domestic product shipments that
require additional documentation for transport.
- Schedules and coordinates both domestic and international
freight forwarder transactions as required.
- Ensure that the most appropriate freight forwarders and
carriers are selected in order to achieve company target and
objectives in quality, delivery and cost.
- Maintains shipping records, including providing tracking or
shipping history information to customers on request.
- Review open customer orders, coordinate completion with
manufacturing to meet the customer shipping schedule and satisfy
the requested ship dates.
- Ensure proper revenue recognition by completing the final
transaction as appropriate and generate the customer invoicing upon
final dispatch. Audit waiting-to-ship reports daily to ensure all
invoicing is completed.
- Coordinate the shipping of freight by contacting appropriate
- Shop rates for prepaid shipments to ensure that best possible
freight rates are being utilized.
- Works to resolve any issues related to the final customs
clearance associated with any export and/or import of -materials as
- Formally document new or changed procedures. Identify who
requires training and execute training if needed.
- Maintain knowledge of current international import/export
regulatory requirements. Update applicable standard operating
procedures as necessary.
- Distribute by fax, email, courier and file documents related to
export shipments or other shipments requiring additional
- Assist on a backup basis, the Shipping and Receiving areas to
complete daily standard work including, but not limited to,
loading/unloading trucks, receive, count, kit and deliver and/or
stock material in the destination location, pickup packaged items
from cell locations and process for shipment, package material and
over-pack cartons when required, prepare skids and cartons for
- Acts as Shipping and Receiving group leader in the absence of
the Shipping Coordinator and/or Shipping and Receiving Supervisor.
Qualifications - External
- HSD/GED required
- Prior experience with International shipping
- Prior ERP experienceApply Today!Nesco Resource and affiliates
(Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other
legally protected characteristics with respect to employment
Keywords: Nesco Resource, Rochester , International Shipping Specialist, Professions , Fairport, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!