Company: Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Hotel Maintenance Technician is a skilled
maintenance professional responsible for maintaining areas of the
hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all
mechanical, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, and
related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and
preventative maintenance programs. The Hotel Maintenance Technician
is responsible for ensuring the upkeep of guest areas, public areas
and hotel grounds. The Hotel Maintenance Technician is required to
adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC. What
You Will Be Doing
- Assist the Chief Engineer in supervising the Engineering
Department when the Chief Engineer is not available.
- Complete work orders, and visually assess the safe and
efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of
the hotel: including mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems,
carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, masonry and other
- Conduct daily inspections and maintain the Preventative
Maintenance Guest Room Program.
- Complete routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms,
outlets, pools, spa/whirlpool (if necessary), BOH spaces and
- Assist with repairs as needed which may require climbing a
ladder and/or working on a roof.
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require
- Respond to guest calls, complaints, and team member work orders
in a timely, courteous and efficient manner to assess and repair
non-functioning machinery and/or equipment.
- Communicate all maintenance needs to manager, as well as
appropriate hotel department heads. Ensure a timely response to
- Ensure that all systems and equipment are functioning properly
- Respond (in absence of Chief Engineer) to all emergency
situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters and power
failures; notify the appropriate authorities.
- Recognize potential safety hazards and security problems and
act upon each accordingly by reporting them to Chief Engineer.
- Practice safe working procedures at all times and adheres to
industry standard protocols.
- Understand fire exit and extinguisher locations, and follow all
hotel safety rules and procedures.
- Assist in special projects, including, but not limited to:
renovations, remodeling, and painting.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as
the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Opportunities for advancement with Widewaters Hotels.
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 0-1 year experience in a maintenance/engineer
- Ability to operate and repair HVAC, mechanical and electrical
- Training provided.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management,
- Training in refrigeration, plumbing and electrical, and HVAC
also preferred, but not required.
Keywords: Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford, Rochester , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Pittsford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!