Manufacturing Technician 4
Company: Viavi Solutions
Location: West Henrietta
Posted on: January 16, 2022
VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90 year history of technical
innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our
customer's most pressing business issues. We make equipment,
software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor,
and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones,
service providers, large businesses and data centers. VIAVI is also
a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings and
engineered diffusers, providing light management solutions to
anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world
connected - at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in
between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer
success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the
company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions
that will delight our customers.
The candidate will carry out the processing, packaging,
calibrating/measuring, and analysis of precision optical
components, while maintaining detailed records in multiple
platforms. Incumbents will required to perform such
responsibilities as generating undefined ad-hoc reports, working on
complex or multiple subassemblies and providing technical or
administrative support without defined guidelines.
* Independently makes suggestions for design changes, testing
methodologies, or quality and business process improvements that
deviate from standard practice on a regular basis.
* Incumbent makes solid contributions to improve performance of
their functional area and normally serves as trainer for lower
level people or for transfers from other lines.
* Closely follow documented work instructions.
* Successfully work as part of a dynamic team. At times candidate
may be required to work independently with minimal to no
* Calibration, use of, and troubleshooting of specialized
equipment. This level typically requires more advanced system or
specialized equipment knowledge, and multiple product line
* Maximizes productivity by setting objectives, prioritizing,
organizing and managing interruptions while communicating
effectively (verbal and written).
* Utilize current and future databases used for production.
* Cleaning and organizing optical components
* Comply with all company and department specific safety
* Minimum education- A.A.S degree in Engineering or Applied
science, or equivalent experience.
* 3-5 yrs. experience working in a manufacturing environment
* Fluent in Microsoft office.
* Ability to follow detailed procedures once trained
* Attention to detail and ability to concentrate on tasks for
* Positive and productive interactions with peers
* Ability to stand for extended periods
* Able and willing to work in a cleanroom environment
* Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
* Able to lift up-to 50 lbs.
* Be punctual and dependable daily
To comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 and the guidance from
the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force, VIAVI Solutions Inc.
requires all employees in the U.S. and anyone entering our U.S.
facilities to be fully vaccinated by January 2022. As specified in
the order, U.S. Employees may request an accommodation due to an
established medical condition or religious belief that prevents you
from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and seize
opportunities, apply to join our team today.
VIAVI Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with
Keywords: Viavi Solutions, Rochester , Manufacturing Technician 4, Professions , West Henrietta, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!