Company: Wayne-Fingerlakes Boces
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The Gates Chili Central School District is dedicated to
fostering curiosity, growth, and diversity within our school
community. The District celebrates and embraces differences and
strives to dismantle exclusion, bias, racism, and prejudice of all
forms.Cleaner: B Shift during the school year/days during breaks &
summerPosition Function:This is a labor position involving
performance of cleaning duties in the upkeep of building interiors,
furniture, and fixtures for a department, agency, hospital or
school. The work involves following simple routines and procedures
in accomplishing tasks. This position is distinguished from entry
level custodial positions by absence of plumbing and carpentry.
Work is performed under direct supervision of a Custodian,
Assistant Custodian or Custodial Assistant Foreman who assigns
cleaning tasks and inspects completed work. Does related work as
- Sweeps, dust mops and may polish floors, hallways, stairwells,
- Dusts, polishes, and cleans office and school furniture,
electrical fixtures, woodwork, stair railings, radiators, and
- Washes marks, stains, and fingerprints from walls, tables,
chairs, desks, cupboards, counters and glass.
- Cleans lavatory facilities including fixtures, toilets, and
- Vacuums carpets and upholstered furniture and removes minor
- Empties ashtrays, wastebaskets, and pencil sharpeners into
large trash containers.
- Fills dispensers with disposable paper products.
- Secures and locks windows and office classroom doors.
- Turns off lights and unplugs small electrical appliances.
- Straightens and arranges office, classroom and cafeteria
- Washes chalkboards and chalktrays.
- Washes windows and mirrors.
- Assists parents and other visitors to school buildings with
special events and programs.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and
responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task
or responsibility.EquipmentUses cleaning equipment including
brooms, mops, floor cleaning and waxing machines, vacuum cleaners,
snow blowers, shovels, and hand tools.Safety RequirementsFollows
all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing
the proper use of tools and power equipment used in the performance
of duties.Wears appropriate safety gear, including masks. Must
comply with school district's chemical hygiene program and follow
MSDS sheets.Travel RequirementsOccasional travel between schools,
or between schools and central office, may be required.Knowledge,
Skills and AbilitiesWorking knowledge of building cleaning
procedures, materials, and equipment; working knowledge of cleaning
agents and proper applications; ability to follow oral and written
instructions, especially as printed on cleaning agents; ability to
operate a vacuum cleaner; willingness to perform repetitive
cleaning tasks; ability to use cleaning agents and electrical
equipment safely; dependability; physical condition commensurate
with the demands of the position.Physical and Mental Demands, Work
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals, solvents and contaminated
trash, grasses, pollens, etc.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements
Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this
position.Qualifications Profile:Any combination of education and
experience providing the required skill and knowledge for
successful performance would be qualifying.Typical qualifications
would be equivalent to:
- There are no education or experience qualifications.
- Previous experience in building and cleaning maintenance
- NYS Motor Vehicle Operator's license or ability to provide own
Keywords: Wayne-Fingerlakes Boces, Rochester , Facilities/Cleaner, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!