Electrical Systems Engineer - Energy / Batteries - H1B transfers welcome
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Major established and international company with good working
culture has 2 Systems/Electrical Engineer - Energy opportunities of
which one is in the Rochester, NY area and the other near
Binghamton, NY that will be responsible for the verification and
validation of electrical power sources. The selected candidate will
develop and support innovative ways for evaluating lithium-ion and
fuel cell designs to confirm they meet system-level requirements.
This individual will be the point of contact for multiple projects
and must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately in an evolving and dynamic environment.
Assignments will be broad in nature, usually requiring originality
and ingenuity to complete. The position that will be based in the
Rochester, New York area allows for some working remote. This a new
and small team within the company involving new technology and this
offers growth potential. There is an attractive relocation package
available and a profit share that has been averaging about 7%.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Develops and evaluates requirements for software interface
solutions and customizations between systems which may include
battery management systems, vehicle controllers, and charger
- Understands electrical system design concepts to support system
and component qualification.
- Creates test plans, templates, and strategies for multiple test
flows - unit tests, functional tests, and hardware in-/out-of-loop
tests - and ensures test results are documented and
- Responsible for verifying that system and software design
implementation meets requirements.
- Supports coordination with internal and external testing to
document and validate compliance to requirements and industry
- Designs and develops various components and sub-systems in
support of efficient and robust simulated verification test
development. Development may include electrical, software, and/or
- Identifies design issues in a cohesive manner and is able to
communicate the technical information effectively to support root
- Provides support for new product development teams.
- Works with cross-functional groups at the direction of a lead
engineer or program manager.
Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are
required. Must be comfortable working in a team environment and be
able to present technical material to technically diverse
A bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering,
Control Systems Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or a
related field, is required. H1B and TN Visa candidates will be
- Experience with testing and creating automated methods for
testing electrical systems and components Basic understanding of
network and communications technology - CAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, UWB,
- Knowledge of interface development with electric power systems
and the control parameters applicable for an industrial
- Solid understanding of programming techniques using C, C++, C#,
Python, Structured Text or similar languages.
- Knowledge of lithium-ion battery systems, including their
control systems and operational characteristics.
- Knowledge of hydrogen fuel cell systems and operational
- Proficient user of Matlab/Simulink. Matlab is
- Experience with basic electrical and mechanical assembly
- Some knowledge of electric power (how batteries need to be
- Control architecture experience is needed.
- Even entry level will be considered if relevant internships
while pursuing the degree.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Rochester , Electrical Systems Engineer - Energy / Batteries - H1B transfers welcome, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!