Overnight- Laboratory Technician- Batavia, NY 14020
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Laboratory Technician- Batavia, New York 14020 (upstate
NY)----Overnight Shift- 6pm to 6amTemporary to Hire--Pay:
$21/hour--Job Summary:The Lab Technician will handle all aspects of
the lab including chemical testing, bacteria testing and quality
assurance to ensure the manufacture and packaging of high-quality
products.--Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Laboratory testing to meet standards set up in PMO, Standard
Methods for the Dairy Industry and FDA 2400 methods
- Pulling, logging, and running finish product and processing
samples for all test required on each product.
- Pull sample of incoming raw material and packaging to determine
acceptability of loads from our suppliers.
- Prepare media which would include pouring plates, buffer water,
- Operate autoclave to sterilize plates and equipment
- Cleaning the Micro Luminescence Systems weekly with
- Drain and clean the autoclave bi-weekly
- Changing fluid standards and filters on the cryoscopy.
- Inoculating batch tanks with enzyme and vitamins and recording
usages on the various logs. Responsible for the daily cleanup and
review of racking systems in the incubators and cooler to set up
for shelf life testing.
- Verifies that plant equipment meets sanitation requirements
prior to start up.
- Various tasks involving the responsibility of the food safety
and quality of company products.--Education and Experience:--
- Associate degree in related science and laboratory
- Intermediate Computer Skill (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work well with people.
- Communication skills are a must.
- Multi-tasked Individual and ability to work
- Prior experience in food manufacturing. BS/BA Degree in related
- Knowledge of food microbiology, chemistry, dairy standards and
CIP sanitation. Participate in environmental testing in and around
plant that includes swabbing, air plating, water sampling,
etc.------Why Kelly--?Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection
to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire
talented people just like you. Every day, we match science
professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and
interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100
percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Rochester , Overnight- Laboratory Technician- Batavia, NY 14020, Professions , Batavia, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!