Automation Systems / Electrical Engineer - 8 openings
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Major established company with a good working culture that is in
a growth mode has multiple positions available for Automation
Systems / Electrical Engineers in the southern portion of upstate
In this role will be responsible for the design and
commercialization of new products and sub-systems related to
automated vehicles. The selected candidate will
participate in both the design and implementation of truck and
server-level programs and must be able to coordinate the design and
modification of existing automation systems to meet customer
requirements. The ideal candidate will be able to integrate
new functions or features into existing system architecture, and
will be knowledgeable about existing/emerging automation
technologies needed to support product development.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Designs and develops various components and sub-systems in
support of automated product development. Development may
include electrical, software, and/or controls tasks.
- Provides requirements for software interface solutions and
customizations between systems which may include automation/vehicle
controllers and server-to-vehicle communication.
- Responsible for verifying that system and software design
implementation meets requirements.
- Understands electrical system design concepts. May be
responsible for the creation and development of electrical
schematics, and component qualification and selection for
- Leads coordination with third-party suppliers who provide
- Listens to, understands, and conveys customer requirements.
Works with customers to develop optimized processes and
- Resolves customer issues or difficulties in a manner consistent
with Company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Provides support for new product development teams. Works
with cross-functional groups at the direction of a Lead Engineer or
- Familiarity with Linux development environment
- Solid understanding of programming techniques using C, C++, C#,
Python, Structured Text or similar languages
- Basic understanding of network and communications technology –
CAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, UWB, Bluetooth, etc.
- Experience with virtual and/or physical servers running
- Experience with industrial control systems including PLCs, OPC
Servers, or Kepware
- Knowledge of interface development between warehouse or
manufacturing control systems and third-party software and hardware
- Direct customer-facing experience
Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are
required. Must be comfortable working in a team environment
and be able to present technical material to technically diverse
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Two to five years’ engineering experience is highly desired.
A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering,
Control Systems Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering,
Computer Science, or a related field, is required. Must
be authorized to work indefinitely in the USA without
Keywords: Job Juncture, Rochester , Automation Systems / Electrical Engineer - 8 openings, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!