Company: Precision Optical Transceivers, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Who is Precision Optical Transceivers:Precision Optical
Transceivers is a system engineering company focused on optical
transceivers and related active/passive optical components. For
over a decade, we have helped build networks around the globe by
providing high quality, custom-engineered optical solutions. If you
are viewing this posting online, this data is coming to you through
multiple Optical Transceivers!
Position Overview: The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the
design, analysis, and integration of digital and analog circuits,
high speed components, interfaces, and systems from simulation to
integration and test. This role will work closely with a
multidisciplinary team of engineers to define and design current
and next generation high speed electro-optical devices, ASICs,
packaging, printed circuit boards, and system interconnects. An
ideal candidate has experience leading electrical design
--- Job Functions:
- Apply engineering principles and analyses to mixed-signal and
high-speed electronics circuits from design to system
- Design and construct electronics testing setups to enable
design verification and simulation correlation.
- Work directly with photonic, ASIC, package, and system design
engineers to evaluate design tradeoffs and optimize design
performance for manufacturability.
- Perform initial circuit board bring-up and measure performance
to verify adherence to functional requirements.
- Lead test and troubleshoot of complex designs utilizing
advanced laboratory equipment.
- Design and analyze high speed serial links and their compliance
to specifications and standards
- Mentor junior level engineers.
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in electrical engineering with 7+ years of
relevant industry experience (master's degree preferred).
- Experience with electronics design and analysis for product
- Experience with electro-optical or high-rate communications
- Experience designing optical transceivers highly desirable.
- Experience with new design and modifications to existing
digital/analog systems to meet specific project/product
- Understanding of communication protocols and systems.
- Experience with circuit board development from requirements
through design, simulation, analysis, construction, and lab
- Experience with power management and control, power budget
estimation, and power system analysis techniques.
- Experience with development of products designed for
manufacturability and test.
- PCB design, layout, and use of an associated CAD tool desired
(i.e. Altium, PADS, Allegro).
- Familiarity with high-speed signal and power integrity design
methods and verification environment(s) desired (methods:
S-parameters and equivalent circuits, 2D, 2.5D, and 3D analysis;
software: Keysight ADS, CST Studio, or equivalent).
- Proven problem solving and debugging skills with experience and
background in solving complex problems and issues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management skills, strong attention to detail
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel and reach with
hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit,
climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee regularly is
required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb stairs.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The work environment is indoor and
climate controlled. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Precision Optical Transceivers, Inc is an equal opportunity
organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote
without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin,
age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME.
Keywords: Precision Optical Transceivers, Inc., Rochester , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!