Sr. Manager, Electrical Engineering
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Description: Job Title - Sr. Mgr. Electrical Engrg
Job Location - Rochester, NY
Job ID - CS20202608-49859Job Description: The Harris Communication
Systems segment is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented
Electrical Engineering Manager well versed in the design and
validation of complex radio-based communications systems. This
individual will work in a team environment to manage the hardware
development of radios and accessories that require the planning,
design, implementation, integration and introduction of radio
products and accessories into production. The successful candidate
should demonstrate initiative in the efficient development of
complex systems throughout the product lifecycle. The successful
candidate should possess a thorough understanding of hardware
development methods, processes and challenges to ensure a quality
design. Experience with government certification of engineering
designs is also desired.Job Responsibilities:
- Functional and project management of a small development group
for the development of high assurance communications products in
the tactical military radio and networking application
- Perform project planning (cost, schedule, resources), tracking
and oversight activities in a ISO process oriented
- Report project and organizational status.
- Management of the entire product implementation cycle including
requirements analysis, high level and detailed design,
implementation, testing, integration, documentation, government
certification and introduction to production and support.
- Management of project execution to meet established budget,
schedule, and scope.
- Management of staffing allocations against defined engineering
- Work with a cross functional team that includes product design
engineering, test engineering, manufacturing, supply chain,
quality, logistics engineering teams, product and program
management and other groups, as needed.
- Ensure the conversion of customer requirements, into total
systems solutions that balance technical, schedule and development
cost constraints and meet quality and product cost
goals.Qualifications:Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 12 years of
prior relevant expereince. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10
years prior related experience. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience managing product
development/project execution with a focus on hardware
- Demonstrated ability and experience leading Engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability mentoring/developing engineers.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills across a
variety of employee levels
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to convey technical and
business matters in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to manage and make trade-offs between product cost,
budget, schedule and technical solution.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of best practices for
configuration management, design processes, and release to
- Scheduling using Microsoft Project.
- Familiarity with hardware development processes such as ISO
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Strong people management skillsThis position requires the
candidate to be able to obtain a security clearance In order to
obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Rochester , Sr. Manager, Electrical Engineering, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!