Maintenance Specialist 2
Posted on: September 13, 2020
US-NY-RochesterCategory MaintenanceType Regular Full-TimeFLSA
Status Non-ExemptShift DaysDepartment MaintenanceCorporation Name
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Maintenance
Specialist 2 is responsible for providing maintenance cleanliness
and upkeep of the building and grounds. This includes the ability
to trouble shoot and problem solve in a proactive and cost
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and
demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all resident (as
per respect policy), staff and guests.
- Makes repairs of the building, equipment, and machinery as
needed within his / her capability and notifies the Program
Director of any major problems or concerns.
- Repairs lights, plumbing, windows and screens, and performs
simple carpentry when needed.
- Performs interior and exterior painting as needed; obtains bids
for larger projects.
- Coordinates work orders with the Director or designee to ensure
that deadlines and priorities of the program are met.
- Under the direction of the Program Director, oversees the
contracts for the preventative maintenance of the following;
generator, fire extinguishers and ansul system, sprinkler system,
fire alarm, elevator, HVAC system (boiler, roof top units, air
conditioner heater unit), water treatment and pest control.
- Ensures that resident's rooms are prepared for new admissions,
which may include maintenance of the room itself and the moving of
the furniture and equipment as required.
- Gathers price estimates for major repair work and reviews them
with the Director.
- Maintains ongoing contact and monitoring of the lawn care and
snow removal companies. Also ensures that walkways and exits are
shoveled and salted as needed.
- Works with the Director to ensure that all OMH/HCR, and other
funders physical plant issues are successfully addressed according
to DePaul's Physical Plant Standards.
- Assumes on call responsibility during physical plant
- Ensures all property outside of the building is properly
maintained and cleaned as needed. This includes the picking up of
any trash, cigarette butts or any other debris on the
- Participates in staff meetings and in-services.
- Works independently and with other maintenance staff to ensure
that deadlines and priorities of agency are met.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents
- Schedules, implements and tracks monthly fire drills as per OMH
regulations as directed.
- Completes monthly inspections of all fire safety equipment
according to OMH / Quality Management guidelines.
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation
of the programs.
Education & Experience :
High School Diploma or GED required. Trade or industrial arts
course work preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and
procedure manuals required. At least three years of work experience
in providing hands on maintenance in a large facility to include
electrical, carpentry, painting, plumbing, and minor repair work.
Must be able to lift at least 70 pounds.
*In addition to the above criteria, this position also requires a
clean, valid, NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel
Keywords: DePaul, Rochester , Maintenance Specialist 2, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!