Production Team Leader I
Company: Benchmark Electronics
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Production Team Leader I
Under direction of a supervisor, the Production Team Leader ensures
all necessary tasks are performed per work instructions and
procedures to manufacture product to meet quality goals, daily
schedule or customer needs. May assist supervisor in the training
of new employees in the area. This position works Friday-Sunday
6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; work 36 hours get paid for 40!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Level I * Knowledgeable in processes to fully support a shift
without additional support. * Ability to use any equipment required
in the functioning of the work center. * Communicates effectively,
in both written and verbal formats. * Effectively mentors
employees. * Understands and uses continuous improvement tools. *
Drives solutions to planning issues with direction from management.
* Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required. * Able to
work overtime when needed. * Effective analytical, planning, and
organizational skills. * Effective interpersonal skills with
employees. * Effective problem solving skills. * Demonstrates
discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment, and
professionalism when representing the company. * Demonstrates
leadership and people management skills. * Demonstrates teamwork
and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* May identify workmanship and material defects by sight.
* Ensures others perform tasks with a high degree of care and
attention to minimize loss of time and material.
* Ensures team members follow work instructions and procedures,
drawings and customer specifications required.
* Responds to written and verbal direction.
* Monitors individual work habits and performance.
* Continuously monitors quality and provide feedback to
* Insures scrap is properly disposed of at the end of each
* Assists in facilitating shift overlap.
* Communicates all issues to the supervisor in a timely manner.
* Continues to increase process knowledge of product.
* Lead by example and support management objectives and BEI
* Acts as backup for the Supervisor as needed (i.e. absence,
weekend support, etc).
0-3 years experience mentoring others
High School Diploma or GED; ability to read, write, perform basic
math; 2+ years electronics manufacturing and some leadership
experience; contract manufacturing preferred
Benchmark is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to
compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting employment
discrimination. It is our policy to take all employment actions and
make all employment decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, genetic
predisposition or carrier status, disability, military status,
status as a disabled or other protected veteran or any other
protected status under applicable law. Consistent with its
obligations under applicable laws, Benchmark will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Benchmark Electronics, Rochester , Production Team Leader I, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!