Company: IRET Properties
Posted on: January 15, 2020
LEASING CONSULTANT (Rochester, MN)
9 Paid Holidays
20% Rent Discount for IRET rents
Volunteer Time Off each Quarter
Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits - 1st of Month Following Start
IRET Stock Purchase Plan
401k match up to 5% - Immediately!
Come join our growing team of Leasing Consultants!
If you want a rewarding career in a fast-paced, high-energy
environment with ongoing customer interactions, join our growing
company and you will be rewarded for your efforts and commitment to
excellence! As the Leasing Consultant you would be responsible for
handling all aspects of leasing apartment units in accordance with
Company and Fair Housing guidelines.
About IRET: IRET was founded in Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You
can find our corporate support offices located in Minneapolis,
Minnesota and in Minot North Dakota, along with onsite operations
in six states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN, our company
continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly providing
apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our vision to
be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities
by focusing on integrity and serving others. IRET is built around
our employees. Our Mission and Vision unites our employees as one
Responsible for the rental of apartment units to ensure maximum
occupancy at all times and high renewal rates by performing the
following duties personally.
Follows already established procedures. Complies with all internal
leasing policies, Fair Housing requirements and all other
applicable laws and regulations. Generally given substantial
guidance, but expected to be self-directed once trained. Able to
follow instructions, prioritize duties and comply with
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
* Evaluates and has expertise in competitor's offerings and pricing
by conducting regular surveys and visits.
* Prepares the office and tour path for business.
* Prospect generation through creation of advertising on line,
business outreach, and other various grass roots campaigns.
* Provides service to new applicants to help get approval,
coordinates leasing documents for move in and performs move in
orientation for each new resident.
* Provides excellent service to existing residents for their
* Focuses on resident retention and renewing leases.
* Helps to address and resolve issues.
* Assists with package handling.
* Coordinates communication with residents.
* Interact professionally with other employees, customers, vendors,
* Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
* Work independently while understanding the necessity for
communicating and coordinating work efforts with other team member
* Delivers high-level resident satisfaction while maintaining Fair
* Encouraged/Expected to participate in industry-appropriate
networking groups. Encouraged/Expected to participate in service
projects, and to establish and maintain contacts within the
community to promote IRET.
* May assist with administrative duties such as processing accounts
receivable and payables.
* Maintains accurate records in software and files.
Responsible for 40% marketing & sales, 40% customer service, 20%
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
Standard computer package issued. If expected to carry a mobile
phone, eligible for a monthly reimbursement according to company
Some local travel may be required.
Education & Experience
* Required: High School Diploma, or equivalent.
* Preferred: Background in sales is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as
lease documents, safety rules, instructions, and procedural
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of the organization.
* Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
* Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
* Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual
should be computer literate and have knowledge of Property
Management software; MRI preferred; working knowledge of Outlook,
Word, and Excel. Ability to use computer in professional manner is
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with arms and hands.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
IRET is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled
Keywords: IRET Properties, Rochester , Leasing Consultant, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!