Specialist, Systems Engineering
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Job Title -Specialist, Systems Engineering
Job Location -Rochester, NY
Job ID - CS20190608-32475L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and
developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about
what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to
our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris
provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower
employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture
is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities,
and commitment to excellence in everything we do.About L3Harris
TechnologiesL3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and
defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that
meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides
advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea,
space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in
annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130
countries. L3Harris.comJob Description: - As a member of the Field
Test Validation Team (FTV), primary responsibilities will include
field and lab testing of software and hardware related to the
L3Harris Falcon family of radios. -The candidate will be part of a
team which provides a user oriented focus, and validation of
over-the-air (OTA) performance of sophisticated radio equipment for
military and professional use.Candidate will have responsibilities
consisting of (but not limited to):
- Testing of L3Harris products and systems in customer scenarios
with an end-user focus.
- Developing test strategies for OTA field and lab testing.
- Documenting test plans and procedures.
- Set up, configuration, and operation of sophisticated data and
voice communication equipment.
- Developing small software applications/tools to assist with
data collection/analysis and for automation of repetitive testing
- Generating trouble reports (TRs) to communicate issues found
and characterize repeatability. -
- Working with development engineers to suggest and support TR
- Refining team procedures, practices, and collection and
reporting of performance data to ensure continuous improvement in
the execution of tests.
- May also include occasionally supporting new business pursuit
activities including demos, proposals, generation of applications
info (e.g. diagrams, write-ups, etc.), and/or occasional travel
and/or customer interaction to support these activities.Candidates
should be aware that additional requirements associated with
conducting on-air testing of tactical radios also may apply. -
These include working outside in virtually all weather conditions
applicable to the Rochester, NY area and other physical
requirements such as occasional lifting and installing of equipment
and working in and around vehicles.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Software, Computer or Civil
Engineering with 4+ years of technical experience in
Telecommunications / Data Communication and/or Defense industry, or
Graduate Degree -in Electrical, Software, Computer or Civil
Engineering with 2+ years of technical experience in
Telecommunications / Data Communication and/or Defense
industry.Preferred Additional Skills:
- Some theoretical knowledge of RF communications including RF
- Knowledge of networking including TCP/IP, LAN and WAN
- Working knowledge of telecommunications protocols like
RS232/422/485, PPP, Ethernet, ISDN, etc.
- Programming experience including the ability to write small
applications and/or scripts to assist with data collection/analysis
and for automation of common tasks.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to other engineers
on the HDV team
- Positive attitude, openness to new ideas, willingness to learn
new tools, and a strong motivation to positively impact the
performance and work experience of the team.
- Proven/effective communications skills across a variety of
- Proven ability to plan, schedule and track multiple projects to
- Prior military or professional communications experience
including radio operation and/or repair/troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Tactical Communications technologies and
- Experience with testing of legacy and/or advanced waveforms and
communications modes, including SINCGARS, VHF/UHF AM and FM, HQ
I/II, P25, HPW/Satcom, L3Harris ANW2, Trellisware TSM, and
- Experience with industry standard engineering and manufacturing
documentation best practices and procedures.
- Preferred experience with tools such as TestRail, DOORs, etc.
or other tools that allow for requirements tracking, development
scoring, and reporting of test results.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools
such as Atlassian JIRA.
- Experience with programming/scripting languages such as Java,
Python, C#, or LabVIEW.
- Experience with configuring and testing MANETs.
- 6 Sigma training (or strong working knowledge).L3 Harris
Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and
applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining
a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All
applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity,
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other
related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local
laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs
pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where
permitted by law.
Keywords: L3Harris, Rochester , Specialist, Systems Engineering, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!