Systems Engineering Specialist
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Job Title -Systems Engineering Specialist
Job Location -Rochester, NY
Job ID - CS20190409-33163As a member of the Field Test Validation
Team (FTV), primary responsibilities will include field and lab
testing of software and hardware related to the L3Harris Falcon
family of radios. -The candidate will be part of a team which
provides a user oriented focus, and validation of over-the-air
(OTA) performance of sophisticated radio equipment for military and
professional use.Candidate will have responsibilities consisting of
(but not limited to): -Testing of L3Harris products and systems in
customer scenarios with an end-user focus. -Developing test
strategies for OTA field and lab testing. -Documenting test plans
and procedures. -Set up, configuration, and operation of
sophisticated data and voice communication equipment. -Developing
small software applications/tools to assist with data
collection/analysis and for automation of repetitive testing tasks.
-Generating trouble reports (TRs) to communicate issues found and
characterize repeatability. - -Working with development engineers
to suggest and support TR resolutions. - -Refining team procedures,
practices, and collection and reporting of performance data to
ensure continuous improvement in the execution of tests. -May also
include occasionally supporting new business pursuit activities
including demos, proposals, generation of applications info (e.g.
diagrams, write-ups, etc.), and/or occasional travel and/or
customer interaction to support these activities.Candidates should
be aware that additional requirements associated with conducting
on-air testing of tactical radios also may apply. - These include
working outside in virtually all weather conditions applicable to
the Rochester, NY area and other physical requirements such as
occasional lifting and installing of equipment and working in and
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Software, Computer or Civil
Engineering with 4+ years of technical experience in
Telecommunications / Data Communication and/or Defense industry, or
Graduate Degree -in Electrical, Software, Computer or Civil
Engineering with 2+ years of technical experience in
Telecommunications / Data Communication and/or Defense
industry.Preferred Additional Skills:
- Some theoretical knowledge of RF communications including RF
- Knowledge of networking including TCP/IP, LAN and WAN
- Working knowledge of telecommunications protocols like
RS232/422/485, PPP, Ethernet, ISDN, etc.
- Programming experience including the ability to write small
applications and/or scripts to assist with data collection/analysis
and for automation of common tasks.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to other engineers
on the FTV team
- Positive attitude, openness to new ideas, willingness to learn
new tools, and a strong motivation to positively impact the
performance and work experience of the team.
- Proven/effective communications skills across a variety of
- Proven ability to plan, schedule and track multiple projects to
- Prior military or professional communications experience
including radio operation and/or repair/troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Tactical Communications technologies and
- Experience with testing of legacy and/or advanced waveforms and
communications modes, including SINCGARS, VHF/UHF AM and FM, HQ
I/II, P25, HPW/Satcom, L3Harris ANW2, Trellisware TSM, and
- Experience with industry standard engineering and manufacturing
documentation best practices and procedures.
- Preferred experience with tools such as TestRail, DOORs, etc.
or other tools that allow for requirements tracking, development
scoring, and reporting of test results.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools
such as Atlassian JIRA.
- Experience with programming/scripting languages such as Java,
Python, C#, or LabVIEW.
- Experience with configuring and testing MANETs.
- 6 Sigma training (or strong working knowledge).
Keywords: L3Harris, Rochester , Systems Engineering Specialist, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!