Residential Services Coordinator I (TAP)
Posted on: August 15, 2019
US-NY-RochesterCategory Residential Care Mental HealthType Regular
Full-TimeFLSA Status Non-ExemptShift Varied ShiftsDepartment
ResidentialCorporation Name DePaul Community Services
Assumes primary responsibility for developing RSP, performing and
coordinating the services and functions necessary to enhance the
resident's autonomy, quality of life, and recovery process.
*Please note, this position is Saturday-Wednesday; the hours are
varied 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, 11:00 am- 7:30 pm, and 11:30 am - 8:00
Area of Responsibilities:
- Develops the overall Residential Service Plan with the resident
and his or her support network by identifying the individual's
needs and desires in an effort to maintain placement and / or
progress to more independent housing.
- Provide teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports in
accordance with OMH 595 and 593 including the following
rehabilitative services: Assertiveness / Self-Advocacy Training,
Community Integration / Resource Development, Daily Living Skills,
Health Services, Medication Management / Training, Parenting
Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development,
Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, Symptom Management.
- Ensure that each resident receives comprehensive planning in a
person centered approach for; admission (including the completion
of admission notes), on-going recovery oriented services, and
discharge. Ensure that each plan is complete and up-to-date in
accordance with standards of practice and the New York State Office
of Mental Health.
- Participates in monthly meeting with Primary Counselor and
Resident to monitor recovery efforts, progress and changes needed
in plans and ensure delivery of services in accordance with each
resident's service plan.
- Conducts at minimum quarterly reviews of the Residential
Service Plan with the individual in an effort to ascertain the
degree of progress and to make revisions when necessary.
- Provide guidance and oversight to Counselors to ensure
Counselors observe, monitor, document, and report resident
behaviors as well as their progress in accordance with agency
- Provide guidance and oversight to Counselors to schedule or
ensure that annual appointments for physicals, eye exams, and
dental appointments are scheduled. Ensures that transportation is
arranged for these appointments (when appropriate).
- Works collaboratively with the resident's community service
providers to ensure continuity of care (care managers, clinical,
medical, educational, vocational, and entitlement specialists,
etc.). Makes appropriate referrals to these services when
- Serves as the key liaison between the resident and his / her
clinical provider with regard to the monitoring of the individual's
mental health and well-being. Works with the Primary Counselor to
keep the resident engaged in clinical services through regular
- Help residents to plan for the purchasing of clothes and other
- Works with residents to encourage a healthy connection with
family and community ties and to develop new supports and
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and
demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents,
staff, guests, and service providers.
- Provide safe transporting of residents when needed.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations for self, residents,
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation
of the program.
Education & Experience: QMHS Standard Bachelor's degree in Human
Service field or an Associate's degree in Human Service field plus
three years of FT related experience or a High School Diploma plus
five years of FT Human Service experience. This position also
requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's
Keywords: DePaul, Rochester , Residential Services Coordinator I (TAP), Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!