Speech Language Pathologist - Various Locations
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Speech and Language Therapist -Various Schedules
Full Time or Part Time Weekdays
Rochester, Auburn, Newark, Lakeville or Dundee, New York
Summary: Provides physician ordered speech/language therapy
services, which include assessment, planning, developing and
implementing an individualized patient therapy plan. Coordinates
speech/language therapy with the interdisciplinary team care
- Provide physician ordered speech therapy services.
- Assures orders are renewed, per schedule, or as patient's
response to current orders change.
- Is responsible for completing, in a timely manner, all
documentation including initial assessment, visit notes, renewal
orders, verbal orders, and discharge summaries.
- Identify patient short/long term goals in terms of functional
- Reflect progress or lack of goal achievement in all
- Confer with physician and/or disciplinary team regarding
patient response to therapy.
- Provide restorative therapy for patients with communication
and/or swallowing disorders: including, but not limited to
dysarthria, voice problems/disorders, laryngectomy, aphasia and
- Develop alternative communication devices as
- Provide instruction in compensatory techniques regarding
swallowing disorders as appropriate.
- Ability to teach family and caregivers treatment modalities as
well as clearly communicate interdisciplinary team's philosophy,
goals, and outcomes.
- Attend scheduled interdisciplinary staff meetings and actively
participate in treatment planning.
- Participate in committees and program development, as
- Maintain current knowledge by attending related conferences and
NOTE: We include multiple levels of classification
differentiated by demonstrated knowledge, skills, and the ability
to manage increasingly independent and/or complex assignments,
broader responsibility, additional decision making, and in some
cases, becoming a resource to others. In addition to using
this differentiated approach to place new hires, it also provides
guideposts for employee development and promotional
An MS or MA in Speech/Language Pathologist/Communication Disorders
from an approved graduate program. NYS Licensure in
Speech/Language Pathology. A minimum of 1 year experience in
an acute cares facility and/or an acute/outpatient rehabilitation
facility. New Pathologists or new to homecare will be placed
in the lower level of this job. Level two is meant for those
with considerable homecare experience and demonstrated higher level
of competence. Ability to travel required. Possession
of a valid NYS motor vehicle operator's license.
Pre-employment physical examination and an annual health assessment
as required by New York State Health Department.
Education Required Masters or better in Speech & Hearing
Preferred Masters or better in Review Required.
Licenses and Certifications Required
Keywords: Job Juncture, Rochester , Speech Language Pathologist - Various Locations, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!