Produce Clerk Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Posted on: April 18, 2019
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
16 states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you succeed.PRODUCE CLERKJob SummarySorts,
displays, removes, and replenishes fresh fruits and vegetables in
the produce department. Maintains the overall environment of the
department by providing assistance to Members through product
knowledge and customer service. Ensures that all produce meets or
exceeds company quality standards.Major Tasks, Responsibilities,
and Key Accountabilities
- Provides assistance to Members in the produce department.
Answers questions, recommends products and safe handling tips, and
assists Members with finding products throughout the club.
- Inspects, rotates, and stores produce upon delivery. Ensures
that all received produce meets or exceeds company produce
- Rotates produce on the sales floor to ensure optimal freshness
and variety. Ensures cases and display areas are fully stocked.
Keeps the produce displays neat and clean. Removes products that
are no longer suitable for sale.
- Maintains the produce reserve stock area. Dates and rotates all
back stock items. Ensures the storage area is organized and
- Follows established guidelines when disposing of damaged,
spoiled, and/or expired products.
- Assists Produce Supervisor with inventory and order processing
- Cleans and sanitizes all produce equipment, display fixtures,
and areas, including the produce cooler and refrigerated display
- Generates signage for produce goods and performs price check
functions when necessary. Ensures all items are accurately priced
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.Qualifications
- Work experience in a produce department preferred.
- Knowledge of fruit and vegetables preferred, including seasonal
- At least 18 years of age.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces and positioning oneself to examine or scan merchandise,
including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching,
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater
than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent
exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or
coolers.BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal
employment opportunity for all qualified team members and
applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical
and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or
blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender
identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Rochester , Produce Clerk Job, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!