Title Operations Supervisor
Company: First American
Posted on: March 15, 2019
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title s National Production Services division provides global title and escrow production support across all channels within First American Title including the Mortgage Services, Commercial, Direct, and Agency divisions. We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
The Title Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day to day operational activities of Title employees in a Title Operations Center. This role is responsible for production operations supporting multiple counties and is accountable for internal production. Acts as liaison with internal and/or external businesses, establishing and enhancing local relationships.
* Primary purpose of role is supervision. Supervise the day to day operational activities of Title employees who have responsibility for daily operational tasks in a Title Operations Center. Assist with all personnel management, ensure appropriate wage and work hour laws are followed, and provide input to goal setting for the functional area.
* Delegate tasks, manage work flow and make recommendations for staffing needs. With management consultation, interview candidates, provide hiring recommendations, write and conduct performance reviews, and provide ongoing feedback and coaching. Manage disciplinary actions.
* Monitor processes and identify subordinate training needs along with those of the organization. Drive efforts for organizational flexibility through cross-training objectives.
* Implement processes and metrics to monitor and improve customer service, quality, turnaround time and productivity.
* Knowledge and management of the interaction with process workflow, FAST, and electronic imaging databases, such as TRD, DATATREE, DATATRACE, etc.
* Drive problem solving activities and make informed decisions to ensure product is of high quality, low cost, and meets turnaround time service level agreements.
* May act as liaison with offshore groups through production monitoring and measuring performance against metrics. Ensure offshore production percentage is continuously increased and consistent with capabilities and training.
* Provide regular status updates and reports to Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Familiar with company policies, contract coverage and compliance concerns
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
* Solid technical knowledge of systems and appliances
* Ability to interpret contracts
* Ability to deliver information in an articulate and assertive manner both orally and written
* Successful track record of executing day to day operational responsibilities, along with participating in, developing and completing projects in area of expertise.
* Emerging leadership skills
* Ability to implement and enforce processes to ensure compliance and quality.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the departmental level
* Ability to communicate the function s vision and the department s direction, and set aligned goals for team
* Provides others with reliable information and uses good listening and communication skills
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 3-5 years of directly related experience
* 2+ years demonstrated experience in a lead or supervisory role
First American invests in its employee s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..
Keywords: First American, Rochester , Title Operations Supervisor, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!