External Wholesaler - Pittsburgh, PA / Buffalo, NY / Rochester, NY
Company: Raymond James Financial, Inc.
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses
extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and
experience, to create new and manage existing relationships with
regional wirehouses, financial advisors/brokers and agents to
generate required production/sales revenue from financial products
throughout a given territory. Leads projects, programs or processes
with significant business impact involving cross-functional teams.
Develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with
substantial latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions. Provides
comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs. End results
are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact
with external clients is required to sell financial products and
generate revenue for the company.
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities:**
* Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with
financial advisors to generate assets within a specific
* Assists with educating financial advisors on the benefits of
offered products and services for their clients through individual
or group meetings presentations, including branch visits, seminars
and conferences/trade shows.
* Assists with developing and implementing wholesaling business
plans for the territory to deliver on sales goals.
* Presents sales activities at weekly wholesaling meetings.
* Maintains wholesaling activity logs and or databases to create
and maintain broker profile levels and data on current and proposed
* Works closely with assigned internal wholesaler to deliver sales
goals by identifying and fostering leads generated from referrals,
ad campaigns and territory canvassing.
* Manages expense account within allotted budget.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
**Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:**
* Fundamental concepts, principles and practices of the securities
industry and asset management products.
* Broker/dealer operations.
* Identifying the needs of customers through effective questioning
and listening techniques.
* Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and
assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced
* Preparing and delivering clear, convincing and professional sales
presentations to small and large audiences.
* Problem solving sufficient to effectively analyze, research and
resolve inquiries and issues in a timely manner.
* Analyzing business processes and identifying process improvement
* Operating standard office equipment and using required software
application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic
communication, and spreadsheets.
* Represent the company in a highly professional manner.
* Organize, prioritize, and manage tasks and projects to complete
* Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively
and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all
organizational levels to accomplish objectives and convince others
to accept ideas or goals.
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team
members, internal partners, and external parties.
* Assimilate and prioritize strategies into operational
* Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team
* Establish clear directions and priorities.
**Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:**
* Bachelors Degree (B.A.) in Finance or related field and a minimum
two (2) years of experience in the financial services industry.
* Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or
training approved by Human Resources.
* SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot
* FINRA Series 7 and the ability to obtain other necessary license
within sixty (60) days of hire.
**Job:** Product Management
**Primary Location:** US-PA-Pittsburgh
**Other Locations:** US-NY-Buffalo-Buffalo,
**Organization** Raymond James Investment Management
**Job Shift** Day Job
**Travel** Yes, 75 % of the Time
**Req ID:** 2302682
Keywords: Raymond James Financial, Inc., Rochester , External Wholesaler - Pittsburgh, PA / Buffalo, NY / Rochester, NY, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!