Data Specialist - Community Prevention Services
Company: Trillium Health
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Purpose: Provide clerical support to the Community Prevention
Services Department, which includes collecting, preparing, and
distributing Harm Reduction, PrEP, and Prevention program data and
related material. Also assists patients and clients of Trillium
Health with linkage to care and retention in programs.
Key Job Responsibility Areas
- Data Reporting
- Program Support
- Miscellaneous Detail of Key Job Responsibility Areas
- Verify documentation for service encounters entered by program
staff with AIDS Institute Reporting System (AIRS) data and
- Research and correct discrepancies in data.
- Compile data and complete monthly reports.
- Provide monthly updates on linkage services.
- Compile data for reports as requested by funders and Trillium
- Correct billing errors on invoices and provide breakdown by
- Perform clerical duties and provide support for all Community
Prevention Services programs and staff.
- Maintain templates for program documentation within Electronic
Medical Record (EMR) and shared drives, keeping them up to date,
and inform internal stakeholders when updates have been made.
- Assist with answering calls and coordinating requests for
programs and materials, respond when appropriate.
- Responsible for scanning of documents and record
- Maintain staff training logs and documentation as requested by
department leadership and required by funders.
- Assist with registration of patients into the EMR, scheduling
of appointments and linkage to care.
- Assist with administrative tasks that support linkage,
retention, and treatment adherence of patients in Community
Prevention Services programs.
- Provide assistance to Community Prevention Services staff in
procuring new and innovative educational materials for program
support. Program Support
- Review all completed documents and keep on file
- Enter data for all program services into AIDS Institute
Reporting System (AIRS) and, Electronic Medical Record (EMR), and
- Receive and review laboratory test results from program
services in EMR.
- Maintain referral tracking of all reactive or positive test
results, ensuring program staff follow-through, data entry, and
connection to care occur in a timely manner.
- Complete follow-up documentation for all positive test
- Coordinate notification of lab results from program services
(per clients' requests).
- Assist and monitor testing staff with data entry of testing
encounters into the electronic medical record (EMR). Miscellaneous
- Requires the ability and commitment to respect and support
inclusiveness and diversity including but not limited to
individuals of different backgrounds, cultures, races, ages, sexual
orientations, gender identities or expressions, experiences,
- Requires individual demonstration of commitment to the One
Trillium values, behaviors and business impacts and modeling them
in the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient,
client, employee, protected and proprietary information.
- Employees are accountable for meeting the performance standards
of their departments and must participate as requested in
compliance audits, process improvement and quality improvement
- Other specific duties as assigned.
- Must have a reliable transportation; preferred, but not
required, is a valid NYS driver's license and proof of required
Education and/or Experience: Business program degree or a high
school diploma with a minimum of one year related experience
required. Minimum of intermediate level skills in data management
and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Requires
accuracy, good judgment, confidentiality and excellent
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to
stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms, talk and hear. Occasionally the employee must
stoop, bend and lift or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision
abilities required include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job
description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications
deemed essential to the position.
Keywords: Trillium Health, Rochester , Data Specialist - Community Prevention Services, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...