LEAD REGISTRATION REP - ED & UCC
Company: UR Medicine Thompson Health
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Lives the CARES values at all times
- Performs all functions of an Emergent Registration
Representative and assists the Manager in supporting
theEmergentRegistration associates in the Emergency Room and Urgent
Care Center during their shift.
- Assumes responsibility for the daily department operations
- Serves as a point of contact for answering questions and
helping to solve problems identified by the Emergent Registration
- Services as a point of contact during shifts for associates to
communicate any scheduling issues or changes.
- Coordinates and completes the monthly staffing schedule for all
shifts to ensure proper coverage on all shifts.
- Provides input to Manager for associate performance
- Performs daily/weekly/monthly regulatory and compliance audits
assigned and reports audit findings to ensure all Emergent
Registration associates meet all state and federal
- Provides outstanding service to all patients, visitors, and
internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional image at all
- Ensures accurate patient demographic and insurance information
is received and verified for timely billing and proper
- Must follow all Federal and State regulations associated with
the registration process.
- Completes other tasks assigned by Manager.
Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Exhibits leadership skills in communication, team building,
process improvement, responsibility development through activity
delegation, and promoting registration efficiencies.
- Demonstrates skills in communication and prioritizing
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain a
collaborative working relationship with all department team
members, emergency and urgent care center medical/clinical staff,
and other health care associates internally and externally.
- Ability to use good judgment to address associate concerns and
questions in the Manager's absence.
- Ability to bring issues to the attention of the Manager
- Exhibits the appropriate decision-making level to ensure the
department runs smoothly in the manager's absence.
- Model and reinforce excellent customer service
- Maintains a high understanding of the registration process,
including regulations and compliance.
- Exhibits time management skills, keyboarding skills, and
multi-tasking abilities to ensure job responsibilities are
maintained efficiently and practically.
- Maintains a working knowledge of medical coding, medical
terminology, and spelling.
- Must stay current with all registration software and insurance
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive information,
including but not limited to the patients, staff, and the health
- An energetic individual that demonstrates knowledge of customer
service is required.
- Secretarial experience with strong organizational skills is
required. Medical background is recommended.
- Computer knowledge and skills, including but not limited to
McKesson Paragon and Microsoft Office products, are preferred.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Medical terminology is desired.
- 3-5 years work related experience required
- Excellent history of public/ patient relations and strong
communication skills are required.
- 2 - 3 years of previous ED or UCC registration experience
- 3 - 5 years of previous secretary/ clerical medical office
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: UR Medicine Thompson Health, Rochester , LEAD REGISTRATION REP - ED & UCC, Other , Canandaigua, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...