PEO Workers Compensation Underwriter
Location: East Rochester
Posted on: March 17, 2023
OverviewWith a high degree of accountability, reviews new
business proposals to determine and evaluates prospective PEO
client's degree of Workers' Compensation risk. Accepts or declines
prospects for PEO Workers' Compensation insurance coverage. Audits
and corrects client and employee classifications to ensure the
ongoing integrity of the book of business, and partners with
outside vendors and internal staff to ensure the profitable growth
of Workers' Compensation revenue. Responsibilities
- Reviews PEO sales proposals to evaluate prospective clients'
degree of Workers Compensation risk and accepts or rejects based on
their acceptability for PEO Workers' Compensation coverage.
Partners with sales and field service PEO departments to gather
complete and accurate information to support underwriting
- Conducts current PEO Workers Compensation client base audits to
ensure both client and worksite employee classifications are
correct and updated and that proper premium collection is
- Updates underwriting procedures, policies, communications,
classifications, and rates to maintain compliance with all state
and federal regulations.
- Responds both accurately and timely to all information requests
from PEO Workers Compensation clients, Paychex internal
departments, PEO insurance/consulting vendors, and regulatory
agencies to provide a high level of service accountability.
- Prepares management reports for PEO risk manager to provide
information for making business decisions. Assists management in
evaluating information to determine suitability of continuing
individual client relationships.
- Educates sales and field service personnel to help them obtain
additional client information in support of underwriting and
classification decisions and to respond to regulatory inquiries
- Trains and mentors Workers' Compensation underwriting support
- Educates sales and key internal business partners to aid in
understanding underwriting decisions and identify appropriate and
preferred risks for the PEO.
- Partner with PEO Safety and Loss to gather complete and
accurate information to support Workers Compensation.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the
- Associate's Degree in CPCU, AU or IIA Insurance Designation -
- PEO experience.
- 3 years of experience in Insurance underwriting experience with
a working knowledge of Work Comp state statutes and regulations.
CompensationIn the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to
share that the starting base pay range for this position is $51,500
- $91,260 annually. Please keep in mind that this range is the base
pay only and does not consider other components that make up the
total rewards package for the position. If you are hired at
Paychex, your overall compensation will be determined based on
factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or
experience which may result in total compensation outside of this
Keywords: Paychex, Rochester , PEO Workers Compensation Underwriter, Other , East Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...