Company: YMCA of Greater Rochester
Posted on: January 27, 2023
STEM Specialist Pittsford, NY
Schottland Family YMCAJob TypePart-timeDescriptionEvening and
Weekend Hours (Flexible)$17/hr. and a Free YMCA MembershipPOSITION
SUMMARY:Under the general direction of the Sports, Camp and Teen
Director, the Activities Specialist is responsible for planning and
implementing the daily program as it relates to the designated
special activities. This position is responsible engaging children
in healthy, safe, and fun environment. The position also ensures
that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of
Greater Rochester is conveyed.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, develop, and implement activities in designated
- With the assistance of the Director, prepare a list of supplies
and materials needed for the program.
- Maintain respective program areas and materials.
- Observe and promote safety and security procedures.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with participants,
parents and volunteers.
- Create a climate that will foster the goals and objectives of
the YMCA of Greater Rochester
- Keeps accurate, detailed records of incident reports and other
- Responds to emergencies appropriately in accordance to his/her
level of training and circumstances.
- Maintain all required certifications.
- Attend all required trainings, meetings, and other designated
- All other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to
supervise children by sight and sound at all times. Ability to move
quickly to react to safety issues in the setting (i.e. climbing,
aggressive behavior). Ability to remain calm, objective and
respectful in potentially stressful situations (i.e. crying upset
child, upset parent, or upset staff). Ability to move around the
program space to assist children and supervise children with daily
activities, social interaction, physical and emotional needs.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. Ability to work in all elements (i.e.
outside in all weather) Ability to move from program site to branch
or site to site, and is required to enter all YMCA environments
including, program space, buses, schools, pools, and program
area.Requirements Be at least 18 years of age and possess a high
school diploma or GED. Must have two years of college or equivalent
work experience in the specific program area. Have one year
experience working with children under 13 years of age, preferably
in an organized setting. Bring to this position maturity,
responsibility, and a sincere interest in working with people. Have
strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
Possess knowledge of age appropriate activities and expectations of
children ages 5-12. Must possess CPR/AED and First Aid
certifications.Salary Description$17 per hour
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Rochester, Rochester , STEM Specialist, Other , Pittsford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!