Company: Gates Chili Central School District
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Gates Chili CSD
The Gates Chili Central School District is dedicated to fostering
curiosity, growth, and diversity within our school community. The
District celebrates and embraces differences and strives to
dismantle exclusion, bias, racism, and prejudice of all forms.
Cleaner: B Shift during the school year/days during breaks &
This is a labor position involving performance of cleaning duties
in the upkeep of building interiors, furniture, and fixtures for a
department, agency, hospital or school. The work involves following
simple routines and procedures in accomplishing tasks. This
position is distinguished from entry level custodial positions by
absence of plumbing and carpentry. Work is performed under direct
supervision of a Custodian, Assistant Custodian or Custodial
Assistant Foreman who assigns cleaning tasks and inspects completed
work. Does related work as required.
- Sweeps, dust mops and may polish floors, hallways, stairwells,
- Dusts, polishes, and cleans office and school furniture,
electrical fixtures, woodwork, stair railings, radiators, and
- Washes marks, stains, and fingerprints from walls, tables,
chairs, desks, cupboards, counters and glass.
- Cleans lavatory facilities including fixtures, toilets, and
- Vacuums carpets and upholstered furniture and removes minor
- Empties ashtrays, wastebaskets, and pencil sharpeners into
large trash containers.
- Fills dispensers with disposable paper products.
- Secures and locks windows and office classroom doors.
- Turns off lights and unplugs small electrical appliances.
- Straightens and arranges office, classroom and cafeteria
- Washes chalkboards and chalktrays.
- Washes windows and mirrors.
- Assists parents and other visitors to school buildings with
special events and programs.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by supervisor. Note:
The above description is illustrative of tasks and
responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task
Uses cleaning equipment including brooms, mops, floor cleaning and
waxing machines, vacuum cleaners, snow blowers, shovels, and hand
Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations
governing the proper use of tools and power equipment used in the
performance of duties.
Wears appropriate safety gear, including masks. Must comply with
school district's chemical hygiene program and follow MSDS
Occasional travel between schools, or between schools and central
office, may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working knowledge of building cleaning procedures, materials, and
equipment; working knowledge of cleaning agents and proper
applications; ability to follow oral and written instructions,
especially as printed on cleaning agents; ability to operate a
vacuum cleaner; willingness to perform repetitive cleaning tasks;
ability to use cleaning agents and electrical equipment safely;
dependability; physical condition commensurate with the demands of
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals, solvents and contaminated
trash, grasses, pollens, etc. See the Summary of Physical, Sensory
and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job
Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required
skill and knowledge for successful performance would be
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- There are no education or experience qualifications.
- Previous experience in building and cleaning maintenance
- NYS Motor Vehicle Operator's license or ability to provide own
Keywords: Gates Chili Central School District, Rochester , Cleaner, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!