Family Peer Advocate I
Company: Hillside Children's Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
WE ARE OFFERING A $3,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR FULL-TIME AND $1,500 FOR
PART-TIME FAMILY PEER ADVOCATES.
We are currently hiring for a Family Advocate I at our Batavia, NY
This is a full time position - 40 hours week Monday to Saturday
with a flexible schedule.
Under the supervision and general direction of the assigned
manager, the Family Peer Advocate provides outreach, information,
referrals, advocacy services, and helps to coordinate family
support services for families of children with special needs.
Applicants must be a parent or primary care giver of a child with
special needs and/or social, emotional, or behavioral
- Provide emotional support to families through phone and face to
- Meet program specific billable service requirements (as
- Meet documentation requirements in a timely manner per program
- Provide family support as needed.
- Coach families on how to advocate for themselves.
- Facilitate/co-facilitate meetings with families in their home
or at an agency location.
- Help families find ways to meet their basic needs of food,
clothing, shelter, safety, and health.
- Assist families in identifying parenting skills which could be
strengthened, and model these skills to the families.
- At the point of intake, help families assess their own
resources for services needed. (such as respite, transportation and
- Act as an advocate in identifying and accessing community
services and resources for families.
- Help family identify gaps in services needed and assist in
planning to eliminate gap.
- Help families to identify strengths upon which to build a
foundation of improved communication and coping skills.
- Must be the parent or primary care giver of a child with
special needs and/or social, emotional or behavioral
- Must include a COVER LETTER DESCRIBING RELEVANT EXPERIENCE IS
REQUIRED WITH RESUME
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have experience in navigating systems (general or special
education, court, specialized therapies, etc.) to obtain services
for their child/family and/or have experience supporting/assisting
other families in obtaining assistance
- Have a valid driver's license and meet agency driving
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all essential functions of the
Family Advocate position, or must have 2 years of external
experience in a comparable position demonstrating the same
Hillside is committed to equal opportunities for all, supporting a
diverse workforce, creating great opportunities for our Agency, our
people, and to those whom we serve. We offer a competitive benefits
package to include very generous paid time off, comprehensive
medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account,
403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match, paid holidays,
and Employee Assistance Plan, just to name a few of the amazing
benefits at Hillside! You'll be working with great people and great
clientele where you can truly make a difference. Apply online, get
on board, and grow your career with us. You'll be so glad you
Keywords: Hillside Children's Center, Rochester , Family Peer Advocate I, Other , Batavia, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!