Hotel Wedding and Catering Sales Manaher
Company: Rochester Area Hotel
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Wedding & Catering Sales Manager*
- Local hotel is seeking a Wedding and Catering Sales Manager
*Essential Functions: *
- Solicitation of direct-selling in the local, regional and nation
wedding and Social Catering market.
- Provide catering services for majority of in-house
- Maximize Catering revenues from convention groups wherever
possible and minimize erosion of check averages from
- Communication of function-arrangement to all responsible hotel
- Communication with clients prior to conventions to initiate,
negotiate, and close contracts for all catered functions.
- Creation of profitable menus and distribution of client
expectations to Food & Beverage Departments.
- Coordinate Catering support services (flowers, entertainment,
decoration, A/V, etc.) to provide complete client satisfaction.
- Physically double-check all function arrangements against
specifications of client.
- Correct where necessary.
- Solicit spin-off catering events from conventions based at
- Research and cost out new menu items, assist rooms salespersons
in closing contracts.
- Client contract and effective communication to ensure repeat
- Update and increase client prospects in the Account Coverage
- Maximize revenues for the hotel through upselling techniques.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales / General
*QUALIFICATION STANDARDS: *
- College Degree or relative work experience
- Request 2 - 4 years hospitality experience
- Proven self-starter (assertive)
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong guest service orientation
- Stellar organizational skills
- Decision maker and problem solver
- Level-headed with common sense
- Extremely flexible and willing to work required hours
- Detail oriented
- Team oriented - ability to work with all departments in the
- Effective sales and up-selling skills
- The hotel functions seven days a week and 24-hours a day.
- All employees, both management and hourly, must realize that fact
and be aware that, at times, it may be necessary to move an
employee from their accustomed shift as business demands.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
* 8 hour shift
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Rochester, NY 14604: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Rochester Area Hotel, Rochester , Hotel Wedding and Catering Sales Manaher, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!