Supervisor (Assisted Living)
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Category Assisted Living
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Department Senior Living
Corporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) NY
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS! Woodcrest Commons, a DePaul Senior Living
Community, is looking for a passionate assisted living professional
to join our team on second shift! The Supervisor demonstrates
positive leadership and oversight of each shift for the provision
of routine and emergent resident care services.
- Respects and maintains resident rights and
- Listens and responds to residents' requests promptly and
cheerfully. Assists in providing for the social, emotional and
cultural needs of residents.
- Leads each shift in a respectful manner and according to the
company's policies and procedures.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of a Medication
Technician and of a Resident Care Assistant. (See appropriate job
- Monitors residents' needs and makes appropriate referrals to
outside service providers utilizing DePaul's Policies and
Procedures for direction.
- Assists in providing a cheerful and homelike environment.
- Monitors the work performance of the RCA's, HHA's and PCA's to
assure that residents receive the assistance they require and that
this assistance is provided at a pace that does not cause the
resident to feel rushed.
- Communicates clearly and thoroughly with staff members both on
shift and the incoming shift regarding resident and community
- Communicates with the resident's family and responsible person
timely and professionally.
- Demonstrates skills to build relationships with residents that
are warm, positive, caring and supportive.
- Relates professionally to staff from regulatory agencies.
- Completes and reviews all written documentation prior to
leaving the shift.
- Participates in the required twelve (12) hours of in-services
education per year and other meetings/inservice training deemed
- Responsible for promptly reporting any staff or resident
issues, using the documentation systems as described in the DePaul
staff handbook before leaving their shift.
- Maintains daily time card recording as described in the
- Performs all other duties as directed by the Resident Care
--- Warmth, understanding and responsiveness to residents and their
demands and reactions.
--- Positive feeling for families and visitors, exercising patience
--- Ability to use initiative, judgment and resourcefulness and
ability to make decisions and to lead the shift successfully.
--- Ability to treat supervisees, other staff, resident and
families with respect at all times.
1. Ability to communicate with residents and others in the English
2. Ability to read and write English.
3. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. without mechanical assistance.
4. Ability to visually observe residents.
5. Ability to audibly hear call bells, emergency systems, verbal
needs expressed by residents.
6. Ability to turn, stoop, bend, and stretch in order to assist
7. Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods.
8. Ability to recognize and respond to emergencies, including the
evacuation of residents and visitors in the event of fire.
9. Ability to push medication cart down hallway without
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. HS diploma or GED preferred. CNA, HHA, or PCA certification
3. Must be dependable, hardworking and willing to work as part of a
4. Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
5. Respects and maintains resident rights and confidentiality.
6. Must be First Aid certified (DePaul will provide training).
7. Must pass the Health Evaluation exam/tests performed at the time
of hire and yearly thereafter.
8. Must be approved by the NYS Criminal History Background Check
(CHRC) unit and meet company employment criteria.
The starting rate for this position is $17.75/hour.
Keywords: DePaul, Rochester , Supervisor (Assisted Living), Other , Henrietta, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!