Company: Hillside Children's Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Recreation Therapist is responsible for planning, organizing
and implementing therapeutic recreational activities for youth
between ages 11 to 20 with various mental health diagnosis as well
as responsibility for recreation activity supervision, risk
management and safety. The position requires an individual
committed to recreation as a career choice through training and
- Working as part of a treatment team, this position has a
caseload of youth in which they assist in diagnosis and evaluation
through recreation assessments, developing a treatment goal and
monitoring progress through appropriate documentation.
- Provides supervision of agency youth and their staff to monitor
safety and quality of youth participation.
- Provides recreation programs, activity leadership and team
building initiatives that promote healthy leisure lifestyle
choices, psycho-motor skills, and growth and socialization
- Recognizes and addresses aggressive student/youth behavior and
is trained and proficient in behavior management and Therapeutic
Crisis Intervention (TCI).
- Assists youth in positive play experiences through role
modeling, skill development and provision of recreation
- Bachelor's degree in therapeutic recreation with emphasis in
- CTRS certification
- Candidates with 1+ years of youth recreation experience in a
human services environment are preferred.
- Strong background of experience creating and leading diverse
recreation programs preferred.
- Candidates should have a valid driver's license and meet agency
- Applicant must be current in CPR/First Aid and must have valid
life-guarding certification, or a time frame for obtaining a
lifeguard certification within 4 months of hire as it is a
requirement for the position.
Hillside is committed to equal opportunities for all, supporting a
diverse workforce, creating great opportunities for our Agency, our
people, and to those whom we serve. We offer a competitive benefits
package to include very generous paid time off, comprehensive
medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account,
403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match, paid holidays,
and Employee Assistance Plan, just to name a few of the amazing
benefits at Hillside! You'll be working with great people and great
clientele where you can truly make a difference. Apply online, get
on board, and grow you career with us. You'll be so glad you
Keywords: Hillside Children's Center, Rochester , Recreation Therapist, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!