Company: Graham Corporation
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Graham Corporation is a great place to work with excellent
benefits! Graham currently offers fully company paid Medical
Insurance, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability. We also offer
Dental & Vision Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance you and
your family. There is a very generous 401k match with no vesting
schedule, 11 paid Holidays, a yearly company paid defined
contribution and an Employee Stock Purchase Program.SUMMARY:
- Performs all position welding on an assortment of structures
and weldments in accordance with code requirement, alignments and
dimensional specifications. Requires broad knowledge of welding
technology in addition to extensive welding experience, fulfills
ASME Section IX welding qualifications. Reports directly to
Production Supervisor, Weld Shop or his/her designee.
- This position is for 2nd shift. you will need to be available
to train on first shift for 6 months to a year. Additional $1.75
per hour shift differential when transferred to 2nd shift.JOB
- Working from drawings, specifications, manuals, codes, etc.,
set up welding equipment and obtain electrodes and other necessary
equipment for specified job or subassembly.
- Investigate special welding instructions to conform to Quality
- Slag work; examine weld for size of bead, penetration and
quality continuous code welding and testing.
- Visually examines completed weld for size of bead, penetration
- Strong backs, complicated standard or special structures and
weldments involving a number of parts and details, using clamp,
tack weld, jigs, fixtures, and turning rigs.
- work may require use of scaffold and ladders.
- In preparation of surfaces to be welded, will use a variety of
tools such as grinder, chippers and arc gouging equipment.
- Size of positioning of work may require incumbents of this
position to operate a variety of material handling equipment
including jibs, overhead cranes, and their accessories.
- Use an assortment of measuring tools such as straight edge,
tape, welding gauges, etc. to ensure proper weld dimensions.
- Will provide instruction and guidance to employees assigned to
assist and as required, will participate in training of welders and
other employees of the department of lesser classification.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Production Supervisor,
weld shop, or his/her designee.WORKING CONDITIONS:May be required
to move items up to 60 pounds for distances of up to 10 feet. May
be required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended
periods of time. May be exposed to fumes or dust, toxic or caustic
chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to
loud noise levels. Must wear appropriate protective gear and
clothing as necessary.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REEQUIRED:
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- BOCES, or Trade School education supplemented by special study
or on the job training to receive certification for all welding
processes and procedures used on company products.
- Proficiency test applies.SECURITY CLEARANCE:Please be aware
that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the
ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be grated to
U.S. Citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional
offer of employment may be subject to government security
investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access
to classified information.Graham Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin,
ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, citizenship status or membership in any other
group protected by federal, state or local law.BENEFITS:
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time-Off
- Parental Leave Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Graham Corporation, Rochester , Welder, Other , Batavia, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!