Company: New Wave People
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Monday - Friday 8a - 4p
unpaid lunch break
Store Room Clerk Job Description:
1. Receive and follow instructions from supervisor and as outlined
in established policies and procedures.
2. Assist in preparing correspondence and claims concerning damaged
merchandise, errors in shipment, etc., and return to vendor as
3. Assist in developing methods for determining quantity of
supplies as required.
4. Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the purchasing
agent concerning procurement procedures as directed.
5. Maintain an on-hand supply of inventory sufficient to meet
routine institutional requirements on the day of request or the
6. Make available emergency supplies and equipment as needed.
7. Fill requisitions from departments for routine supplies and
equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Draws requisitioned items from inventory and distributes these and
any direct orders.
8. Organize storage, issue and delivery of supplies and equipment
in accordance with established policies and procedures.
9. Check invoices, purchase orders, packing slips, etc., with
incoming merchandise. Inspects for damage, defects, or short
counts. Accounts for shipments received by matching goods received
with purchase orders when applicable. Secures all received goods.
Prepare receiving logs for Accounts Payable.
10. Ensure inventory is updated as required, when receiving/issuing
supplies and equipment.
11. Ensure storage instructions are followed.
12. Organize storage and catalog location of supplies and equipment
for efficient handling and to prevent deterioration.
13. Notify appropriate department when special orders have
14. Fill requisitions as approved, and file in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
15. Ensure that vendors provide appropriate material safety data
sheets (MSDS's) in accordance with current OSHA regulations and the
facility's policies and procedures. Report problem areas to the
Principal Account Clerk.
16. Follow all established safety procedures and precautions when
handling supplies and equipment.
17. Maintain supply and storage rooms in a safe, clean, and orderly
18. Clean and check storeroom equipment as directed/necessary.
19. Report all incidents/accidents, no matter how minor, to your
20. Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to your supervisor
21. Report all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment,
etc., to your supervisor immediately.
22. Ensure that work/assignment areas are clean and equipment,
tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored before leaving such area
on breaks, end of work day, etc.
23. Keep work area(s) free of hazardous conditions, i.e.,
grease/oil spills, excess supplies, equipment, etc., to assure that
all established safety rules/regulations are followed at all
24. Follow established policies and procedures concerning infection
control when delivering supplies and equipment.
25. Ensure defective equipment is identified for maintenance repair
as required in accordance with established policies and
26. Report missing/illegible labels and MSDS's to the safety
officer or other designated person.
27. Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by
Keywords: New Wave People, Rochester , Stock Clerk, Other , Batavia, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!