Maintenance Specialist 2
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS! Ridgeview Commons, a DePaul Apartment
Treatment Program, is now hiring a full-time Maintenance Specialist
2! Under the direction of the Programs Director, the Maintenance
Specialist 2 is responsible for providing maintenance cleanliness
and upkeep of the building and grounds. This includes the ability
to trouble shoot and problem solve in a proactive and
This full-time position is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm and is
eligible for the following benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental
Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Generous PTO & Paid
Holidays, 403B, Employee Discount Programs, and Staff Recognition
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and
demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all resident (as
per respect policy), staff and guests.
- Makes repairs of the building, equipment, and machinery as
needed within his / her capability and notifies the Programs
Supervisor of any major problems or concerns.
- Repairs lights, plumbing, windows, and screens, and performs
simple carpentry when needed.
- Replace / repair carpet and tile.
- Performs interior and exterior painting as needed; obtains bids
for larger projects.
- Coordinates work orders with the Programs Supervisor or
designee to ensure that deadlines and priorities of the program are
- Under the direction of the Programs Supervisor, oversees the
contracts for the preventative maintenance of the following:
generator, fire extinguishers and ansul system, sprinkler system,
fire alarm, elevator, HVAC system (boiler, roof top units, air
conditioner heater unit), water treatment and pest
- Ensures that resident's rooms are prepared for new admissions,
which may include maintenance of the room itself and the moving of
the furniture and equipment as required.
- Gathers price estimates for major repair work and reviews them
with the Supervisor.
- Maintains ongoing contact and monitoring of the lawn care and
snow removal companies. Ensures that walkways and exits are
shoveled and salted as needed.
- Works with the Director to ensure that all OMH/HCR, and other
funders physical plant issues are successfully addressed according
to DePaul's Physical Plant Standards.
- Assumes on call responsibility during physical plant
- Maintain and perform preventative maintenance for building and
grounds to include ensuring all property outside of the building is
properly maintained and cleaned as needed. This includes weeding
and picking up of any trash, cigarette butts or any other debris on
the property. Identify if service needs to be notified as it
pertains to grounds / landscaping.
- Participates in staff meetings and in-services.
- Works independently and with other maintenance staff to ensure
that deadlines and priorities of agency are met.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents,
- Schedules, implements, and tracks monthly fire drills as per
OMH regulations as directed.
- Completes monthly inspections of all fire safety equipment
according to OMH / Quality Management guidelines.
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation
of the programs.
Education & Experience : High School Diploma or GED required. Trade
or industrial arts course work preferred. Ability to read and
interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions and procedure manuals required. At least three years
of work experience in providing hands on maintenance in a large
facility to include electrical, carpentry, painting, plumbing,
drywall repair, and other minor repair work. Must be able to lift
at least 70 pounds. Ability to use a computer for email and
*In addition to the above criteria, this position also requires a
clean, valid, NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel
Keywords: DePaul, Rochester , Maintenance Specialist 2, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!