Posted on: September 24, 2022
- The SHEQ Specialist will be responsible for the safety, health,
environment and quality aspects of all major capital projects in
Maine (CMP), New York (NYSEG and RGE) and Connecticut (UI). Ensure
compliance by all Projects personnel to both the Quality Management
System and Environmental Management System and continuing the ISO
certifications. Encourage and enforce safe work practices on the
construction job sites.
- Develop, maintain and revise processes within Projects for
timely and efficient project delivery from inception to completion
of a project. The position may require travel to all four
locations. The main duties include:
- Identify and report data for Company Networks related Projects
safety, health, environmental and quality activities. Identify and
report Company Global Performance Indicators (KPIs) where health,
safety and quality are concerned. Responsible for developing,
monitoring and reporting compliance activities within the business
unit. Perform complex studies and analyze data to identify process
- Continuous monitoring of all project related activities to
ensure alignment with and adherence to all Quality and
Environmental Management Systems SOP's to position Projects for
successful certification to ISO standards.
- Review of all contractor submitted safety, health,
environmental and quality plans prior to construction kick-off
meetings. Ensure plans adequately cover Company expectations and
requirements and then monitor activity for adherence to approved
- Attend construction kick-off meetings to encourage and enforce
compliance to Company SHEQ requirements and conduct site visits to
monitor compliance activities on all projects.
- Facilitate safety meetings with both internal and external
personnel, training of SOP's and various miscellaneous initiatives
as requested. This includes development and presentation of
material to support training, initiatives, etc.
- Assist Project Managers in the development of all project
QMS/EMS documentation including but not limited to Project
Initiation Forms, Charters and Project Management Plans for
ultimate presentation to the Steering Committee for approval.
- Regularly visit active project construction sites to ensure
compliance to all Company and Projects safety, quality and
environmental requirements. Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3 years' experience in
project safety, health, environment and quality preferred.
- Associates Degree or applicable certification with a minimum of
5 years' experience in project safety, health, environment and
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Quality Management System
standards (i.e. ISO-9001, TS-16949, etc.).
- Minimum 2 years construction safety experience with a diverse
- Completion of an OSHA 30 Hour Outreach Construction Course
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Rochester , SHEQ Specialist, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!