Senior Activity Leader
Company: Elderwood at Hornell
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Elderwood at Hornell is seeking a Senior Activity
Leader to join our team!
- Responsible for assisting the Activities Director and
implementing a program of recreational activities to meet the
individual recreational needs of residents on an assigned unit, and
for leading group activities.
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Excellent Communication
- Event/Activity planning
- Relates well, and enjoys working with the geriatric
- Flexibility, patience, and sensitivity
- Develops relationships
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- MotivatingJoin Our Team: Put the CARE back in CAREER - Join our
team today! Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company
Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Free On-Site
Parking, Free Uniforms, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO
& holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision
insurance, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Point-earning employee reward
program: redeem for prizes!, Quiet rural neighborhood, Substantial
employee referral program, Tuition reimbursement program
Responsibilities:Essential Job Functions
- Design, conduct and evaluate individual and group programs for
residents on assigned unit, under the supervision and direction of
the Activities Director.
- Prepare enhancements for all programs such as flyers, posters,
decorations and favors.
- Collect data and media necessary to provide for various levels
of residents' needs.
- Develop activity plans for each resident's individual goals,
based upon the resident's social, economic, educational, ethnic,
religious, and environmental background.
- Incorporate information into plan of care, considering the
resident's physical, cognitive and emotional status.
- Communicate with the Activity' Director on an ongoing basis
regarding programs' status.
- Prepare all documentation materials regarding residents on
assigned unit, such as initial assessment, MDS, care plan and
related updates, progress notes and discharge notes.
- Keep daily attendance logs on each resident.
- Develop and update computerized activity assessments, goals,
and approaches for care plans.
- Train new Activity Staff in the use of the computer.
- Assist Activity Director in developing and maintaining good
contact with community resources for the enhancement of the
activities program by:
- Representing facility on outings with residents.
- Establishing and maintaining good rapport with families.
- Consulting with families on resident's activity related
- Working with outside groups in planning inter-facility
- Assist Activity Director in coordinating the documentation for
the long-term care units.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental inventories of
equipment and supplies. Inform Activity Director of need to
replenish, replace, or repair.
- Utilize and supervise Volunteers at Activities' programs.
- Conduct Activities' in-service programs for the facility in the
absence of the Director.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks in the Activities' Room, such
as: cleaning the refrigerator, sink, stove, and tables on a daily
basis and assist with maintaining the general aesthetic appearance
of the Activities' area.
- Design and maintain bulletin board, Activities' displays and
- Coordinate the Seasons Program, maintain supplies and develop
logs to track resident progress.
- Participate in the Seasons program as assigned.
- Prepare daily broadcasting script.
- Participate in departmental meetings, resident care planning
meetings, family conferences, discharge meetings, documentation
meetings, staff meetings, unit meetings and Quality Care Council
- Transfer/secure residents into van for outside travel programs;
drives van or other vehicle for outside Activities' programs.
- Perform other work duties as assigned by Activity Director,
including, but not limited to:
- Setting up rooms for programs (moving furniture).
- Cleaning and returning cans and bottles.
- Acting as a liaison with clergy regarding residents'
- Supervising visiting groups.
- Shopping for departmental supplies as requested by the Activity
- Attend staff meetings and required or preferred in-service
- Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care
for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
- Perform all job duties according to safety rules and practices
required for this job position and as required to ensure the
general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this
- Perform assigned duties according to the service excellence
standards and goals established for this job position and for all
staff members of this facility.
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service towards
residents, families, visitors and co-workers.From: USD $16.80/Hr.
- Associates Degree or High School Diploma with a minimum of 3-5
years of experience in activities in long term care or assisted
living or High School Diploma and is Nationally Certified in
Activities (or will acquire certification within the first 6months
- Ability to relate and enjoy working with residents
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents necessary.EOE
Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and
employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without
regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or
veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other
protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the
performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Elderwood at Hornell, Rochester , Senior Activity Leader, Other , Hornell, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!