Direct Support Professional - Residential Programs
Company: Lifetime Assistance
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Brockport, NY, USA
Full Time If you are looking for an opportunity to CONTRIBUTE to
someone's WELL-BEING ... If you are looking for an opportunity to
STEP UP and have a POSITIVE EFFECT on the COMMUNITY you live in...
If you are looking for a CAREER OPPORTUNITY where you MAKE A
DIFFERENCE in someone's life... LOOK NO FURTHER!
With many different community based settings, we have Full-Time,
Part-time, and Relief positions located all throughout the LeRoy,
Brockport, Hamlin, and surrounding areas. Residential Programs
hours vary and are flexible enough to meet your schedule! How do I
start my journey in to a Direct Support role?
- All journeys' start with a single step! Yours is to apply
online here at Lifetime Assistance Inc. has been supporting persons
with developmental disabilities and their families since 1978 and
with over 1500 people at over 60 different locations needing
assistance daily, chances are we have the right career for you!
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very
special people to support individuals with disabilities. This is
why the role of Direct Support is so important. In a Direct Support
role you'll be joining the ranks of the many compassionate and
caring individuals who provide daily support, assistance, and
companionship to those right here in our community. AWESOME work,
- Affordable medical and dental plans as well as a standalone
- 288 hours of paid time off within your first year! (36
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Tremendous internal growth opportunities!
- Work life balance!
- A retirement plan to include BOTH a defined contribution plan
(401(a)) (agency funded) and a 403(b) retirement savings plan!
- A $500 dollar referral bonus! Because we want other
compassionate and caring individuals just like you! What would I be
- Interacting in the community you live in while you serve
- Assisting people with disabilities by helping them with all
aspects of everyday living.
- Teaching others life lessons through compassionate and caring
- Being a champion for good in your community by partnering with
- Smile, laugh, and be a positive role model to the people you
assist, work with, and interact with in the community.
- While performing the duties of this job, in order to instruct,
care for, and assist the people we support, the employee is
frequently required to: stand, bend, kneel, walk; use hands and
fingers to handle or feel objects or equipment; reach with hands
and arms; communicate and see. The employee is also occasionally
required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, transfer,
and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Direct Support Professionals may be required to go to different
locations depending on the needs of the agency.
- Required to successfully learn and implement preventative
strategies as required by OPWDD including but not limited to OPWDD
S.C.I.P. Level 1, S.C.I.P.-R. Level II or PROMOTE competencies
based on the needs of the individuals the employee is supporting
(not applicable to In Home Supports, Community Hab or Relief) What
experience do I need for a Direct Support role?
- We look for caring, compassionate, and dedicated people who are
willing to learn.
- Six months experience in providing care to individuals with
development disabilities or direct care in related field is
preferred. Is there anything else I need to know?
- Standard background checks do apply (To include but not limited
to: Fingerprinting/criminal history record check, NYS Child Abuse
Registry, OPWDD Staff Exclusion List, Mental Health Law 16.34, and
Medicaid exclusions lists)
- Candidates must also meet LAI's Vehicle Operator Requirements,
be able to transfer and move up to 50 lbs., have a reliable means
of transportation, a sense of humor, and the ability to have fun!
So, if you are you looking for a career in human services, one you
can be proud of, and one where you'll be part of a team of other
community champions making a difference, we'd love to hear from
you! Additional questions can be directed to the Human Resources
Office's main line at (585) 426-4120.
Flexible schedules available. Lifetime Assistance Inc. is an equal
Keywords: Lifetime Assistance, Rochester , Direct Support Professional - Residential Programs, Other , Brockport, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!