Optician - WNY Reed Eye - Greece
Company: Rochester Regional Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
SUMMARY -As an Optician, you will provide comprehensive patient
care related to patient evaluation, prescription recommendation,
eyewear selection, fitting and purchase, and coordination with
other healthcare professionals.STATUS: -Full -Time - - - -LOCATION:
-WNY Reed Eye - GreeceDEPARTMENT: OphthalmologySCHEDULE: Monday -
Friday (Day) ATTRIBUTES
- Current and valid New York State Ophthalmic Dispenser License
- At least one year of related optical experience
- Approved two-year associate degree program in ophthalmic
dispensing required; OR
- Completion of an approved two-year on-the-job training program
under the supervision of a licensed ophthalmic dispenser,
physician, or optometrist
- Demonstrated communication/analytical/operational skills
including, but not limited to: (1) Current knowledge of trends,
services, and products in the optical industry (2) Sufficient
technical knowledge/skills in optical software (3) Flexibility to
seek and incorporate input from othersRESPONSIBILITIES -
- Examinations & Testing: Measures patient's bridge and eye size,
temple length, vertex distance, papillary distance, and optical
centers of eyes using a millimeter rule and light reflex
pupillometer. - Determines patient's current lens prescription by
using a lensometer or lens analyzer and patient's current
eyeglasses. Assists patients in selecting frames.
- Documentation: -Invoicing patients, cash handling, and
financial arrangements with patients or responsible third party to
- Procedures: Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions specified
by the MD or OD. Evaluates prescriptions with consideration of the
patient's vocational and recreational visual requirements.
EDUCATION LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Rochester Regional Health is an
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS : M -
Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects;
Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
Keywords: Rochester Regional Health, Rochester , Optician - WNY Reed Eye - Greece, Other , Byron, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!