Direct Support Professional (1546) FT Turtle Rock
Company: Arc of Livingston-Wyoming
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Summary: The Direct Support Professional (DSP) is responsible
for direct oversight, guidance and training of people receiving
supports and services. Provide guidance, training, support,
supervision and encouragement to people in reaching their maximum
potential and to promote independence and community integration.
Essential Functions: * Provide supports, assessment and training to
persons supported according to their written Staff Action Plan
(SAP) and individual Safeguards Plan or Individual Plan of
Protection (IPOP). Implement goals as written by the Individual and
* Ensure necessary level of supervision is met by following the
individual's Safeguard Plan, Individual Plan of Protection (IPOP),
Behavior Support Plan (BSP), dietary guidelines and any other
* Accurately document services contemporaneously in Electronic
Health Record (EHR) or with paper note (as applicable) in
accordance with the Agency, OPWDD, Medicaid and other funder
* Protect all health management information consistent with
* Maintain accurate records by collecting, compiling, evaluating
data and submitting in a timely manner in the appropriate format
including: daily goal notes, checklists, progress notes,
injury/fall reports, seizure reports, attendance records, incident
* Provide input into the development and implementation of the SAP
in accordance with the Life Plan (LP) as developed by each person
receiving services, family, advocate and Care Coordinator.
* Maintain knowledge and understanding of individual's medical,
physical, psychological and dental health care needs.
* Recognize and respond in a timely manner to signs and symptoms of
illness/injury and medical emergencies. Notify supervisor or nurse
immediately of concerns.
* Provide personal hygiene and health care assistance to people
supported as needed including: toileting, showering, oral hygiene,
shaving, hair care, nail care, changing of adult protective garment
* Provide training and encouragement to people supported to ensure
good personal health care as needed. Communicate health care
concerns to supervisor or nurse as necessary.
* As assigned, administering medications, as per Agency Policy and
* Assist individual's in receiving needed/desired medical services
and communicating/documenting pertinent information as per Agency
policy, as designated (i.e. medication administration,
transportation to appointments)
* Support the safety of all individuals in everyday situations.
* Work as a team to support positive behavioral strategies.
* Provide transportation to people supported as necessary and
follow proper safety procedures.
* Drive Agency vehicles, complete necessary paperwork and report
any accidents or maintenance issues immediately to the
transportation department and your supervisor.
* Assist people supported to build positive relationships in their
* Support people to make personal choices and to advocate for
themselves. Respect matters related to diversity and inclusion.
* Communicate professionally with co-workers, people supported,
families and the community as necessary.
* Complete all required Agency Training per agency policy and apply
knowledge and skills gained to job.
* Demonstrates professionalism in the workplace including:
demeanor, appearance, attention to punctuality and attendance
policies, reliability, flexibility and pleasantness.
* Report for duty as scheduled. The location of a scheduled shift
may be subject to change according to program needs.
* Check employee email/schedule and other correspondence each
* Attend and participate in meetings, as requested
* Adhere to all Agency and Program Policies and Procedures.
* Participate in corporate compliance and quality assurance
activities as required.
* Other related duties as assigned. Program Specific Duties; *
Staff assigned to an overnight shift must remain awake at all times
unless otherwise approved by a supervisory staff.
* Become certified in medication administration and maintain
certification on an annual basis. Non-Essential Functions: *
Develop volunteer/job opportunities in community for program
* Attend Life Plan meetings and team meetings for people receiving
services as requested.
* Participate on Agency committees.
* Administer medications as trained and as designated.
* Loading and unloading buses. Reporting Responsibilities: *
Reports to: Residential Manager Supervisory Responsibilities: *
None Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: * Ability to instruct others
on daily living skills.
* Actively listen and be able to communicate, verbally and in
* Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
* Maintain composure under pressure.
* Serve as a role model and represent the agency positively in the
* Ability to use a computer or mobile device to access email and
* Ability to self-initiate projects and function autonomously as a
leader when needed. Physical Requirements: * Ability to lift 50
pounds, and to stand, sit, kneel, and stoop
* Ability to assist an adult with personal care needs
* Be physically able to assist individuals in transferring from
wheelchair to other seat when needed
* Ability to assist individuals with ambulation
* Ability to physically load, unload and secure wheelchairs during
* Ability to move chairs, tables and access storage areas
* Ability to drive safely
* Ability to assist people when they are having behavioral
challenges Working Conditions: * May involve frequent travel to
off-site locations including job/volunteer locations, community
recreational sites and personal residences.
* May require evening and weekend work.
* May require use of personal vehicle. Minimum Qualifications: *
High school diploma or equivalent Valid NYS driver's license with a
safe driving record per agency policy Friday , Sat ,Sun , and
Keywords: Arc of Livingston-Wyoming, Rochester , Direct Support Professional (1546) FT Turtle Rock, Other , Lakeville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!