IT Enterprise Architect
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are recruiting for a Chief IT/Enterprise Architect in
Rochester, NY. This requires NY state residency. Mostly remote
work. GENERAL PURPOSE: Provides technical expertise in the design,
implementation, maintenance and support of systems and applications
that maintain enterprise wide business applications. This position
manages, administers, and guides on-premise and cloud-based
infrastructure services, including virtual infrastructure,
operating systems, storage, maintenance, system patching, backup,
disaster recovery preparedness, and performance monitoring. Job
responsibilities include the oversight of the Company's cloud
computing strategy such as cloud adoption plans, cloud application
design, and cloud management and monitoring. Position also works
with team members to integrate tools and services for all areas of
cloud computing, such as data and networks. Orchestration and
automation are key deliverables of the position. A good
understanding of scripting and code development are required in
order to provide guidance for the quick and seamless delivery of
solutions within both cloud and on premise solutions. Manages the
design, setup and maintenance of a continuous infrastructure
integration stack, including source control, build servers,
automated testing, automated monitoring and solution deployment.
This position provides guidance and strategy for Enterprise wide
authentication, authorization and Access Control Technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Consultative Leadership:
- Participates in the prioritization of information technology
projects via support of and inclusion in governance and budget
- In collaboration with other IT senior leaders, develops the IT
- Conducts analysis of highly complex departmental or
Enterprise-wide business issues. Responsible for the formulation
and implementation of recommended strategies and policies for
consideration and develops plans for resolution.
- In support of service directors, drives periodic updates and
publication of service roadmaps to support governance functions and
IT capital investment processes. Enterprise Architecture
- Guides the development of the enterprise architecture framework
that defines the interrelationships among processes, information,
and applications, and ensures adherence to strategy.
- Maintains currency in long-term organizational, industry, and
technology trends, in order to support peers and colleagues across
the spectrum of architecture functions.
- Advances business architecture concepts by leading development
of a Company anchor model, defining domains, key activities, and
capability maps necessary to support Company strategy.
- Facilitates the articulation and publishing of architecture
standards and guidelines in collaboration with a cross-functional
architecture team of relevant subject matter experts. IT
- Sets standards for solution development artifacts and the
processes for ensuring that artifacts and designs are compliant
with standards in conjunction with Project Management teams.
- Manages design review within the cross-functional architecture
team with the goal of maintaining effective alignment to standards
and, when appropriate, revising standards and/or formalizing
- Maintains progress in instilling architecture practices in the
Company's business processes, including core technology, enterprise
applications, and practices supporting appropriate and effective
use. Technical Leadership:
- Directs opportunity assessments and proofs-of-concept to assess
the value of emerging technologies.
- Identifies and leads the analysis of industry, technology, and
market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise
strategy and architectural standards.
- Provides recommendations and leads implementation of agreed
upon solutions. Implementation:
- Directs the processes by which the Company records the
standardized characteristics of the essential attributes and by
which it makes them available and transparent to the Company
- Informs the selection and implementation of the information
management tools through which these records are preserved and
- Actively engages in Governance planning activities, such as
budgeting and business process evolution, regarding existing and
envisioned standards and emerging information (data and
- People and Solution Management:
- Manages a team of architects; defines priorities, sets
expectations, and directs and evaluates the work of assigned
personnel. Manages HR needs of the team including, but not limited
to: approving hiring decisions, training, ongoing supervision,
personnel issues and actions, and conducts performance
- Assures implementation of solutions within allocated resources.
Other duties as assigned QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline
- Master's degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of progressive experience at a managerial level,
including financial and budgetary activity required;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in a formal architecture role
- Strong leadership skills, analytical skills, planning and
organizational skills, facilitation and communication (oral and
written) skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the
organization and communicate clearly and concisely required.
- Diverse IT experience including large-scale solutions
architecture, application development, engineering, business
analysis, and/or project management preferred.
- Knowledge of IT systems management, infrastructure,
applications, information security, and information management
- Experience acting as an enterprise architect as well as work in
relevant facets of systems delivery preferred.
- Experience designing and implementing technology
proofs-of-concepts and applying lessons to broad deployment
- Experience with indirect forms of management, leading projects
to successful completion preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex decentralized
- Ability to learn and apply new domain knowledge preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled To read our Candidate
Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your
information, please visit The Company will consider qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you are
interested in this position, please contact Mike Keegan with Modis
at 585-465-1236 and/or send Mike your resume at: SORRY, BUT NO
THIRD-PARTY CANDIDATES FOR THIS JOB - - Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/DisabledTo read our Candidate Privacy Information
Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacyThe
Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: Modis, Rochester , IT Enterprise Architect, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!